VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

Can someone ley me know how to "use" this subtitle ? I found the subtitle on the internet in text format, yet the format looks weird to me...

Sample as follows:

{1}{90}movie info: 640x480 29.969fps 177.6 MB|/SubEdit b.3827
    {94}{}Subtitles by wadera8@wp.pl
    {959}{}04 Equal Measures
    {1847}{}Optimus to Command Center.
    {1901}{}Scrub the mission!
    {1952}{}Looks like one extremely ill wind |is blowing our way.
    {2081}{}Command center! Do you read...!?
    {2430}{}That does it.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try open in it in Subtitle Edit and see if it can identify the format. Save as srt.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Looks like MicroDVD format. The problem is the end frame numbers (second {}) are missing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Looks like MicroDVD format. The problem is the end frame numbers (second {}) are missing.
    Concur. I'm guessing the lines without the second frame number are supposed to be "infinite" (i.e. displayed until the next subtitle starts). You would need to open it in a text editor and supply the missing numbers before trying to convert it.

Subtitle Edit will open it, but any lines that are missing the ending frame number will have a zero duration.

AegiSub will also open it, but any lines that are missing the ending frame number will be ignored.

Either way, you have to set the video frame rate before opening the file in order for the frame codes to be converted correctly to time codes. In Subtitle Edit, go into Settings and set the Default frame rate to match the video you're working with. In AegiSub, you have to actually open a video file — ideally the actual video the subs are for — or Use Dummy Video in the video menu, and give it the correct frame rate.
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by awgie View Post
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Looks like MicroDVD format. The problem is the end frame numbers (second {}) are missing.
    Concur. I'm guessing the lines without the second frame number are supposed to be "infinite" (i.e. displayed until the next subtitle starts). You would need to open it in a text editor and supply the missing numbers before trying to convert it.

Subtitle Edit will open it, but any lines that are missing the ending frame number will have a zero duration.

AegiSub will also open it, but any lines that are missing the ending frame number will be ignored.

Either way, you have to set the video frame rate before opening the file in order for the frame codes to be converted correctly to time codes. In Subtitle Edit, go into Settings and set the Default frame rate to match the video you're working with. In AegiSub, you have to actually open a video file — ideally the actual video the subs are for — or Use Dummy Video in the video menu, and give it the correct frame rate.
    Thanks for your detail guide. Will try
    Quote Quote