VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the latest Xmedia Recode 3.3.5.8 running on Win10 x64, graphics card is an NVidia Quadro K2200 with nVidia driver 376.62. According to the Xmedia Recode specs at http://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/funktion.html, there should be support for Nvidia NVENC HEVC / H.265, but when I look at the list of codecs available in the dropdown selection box under the Video tab when converting a Blu-Ray mkv rip, the only NVENC option available that uses the GPU is "MPEG-4 AVC/ H.264 (NVidia NVENC)". Any suggestions why this should be so? If I convert using that codec, the conversion runs without any problem at around 140 frames/sec, but the resulting file is about twice the size of selecting the HEVC / H.265 codec at the same quality level. The downside of using the software-only HEVC / H.265 codec is that it runs about 15 times slower, as it is not using the GPU.
    Quote Quote  
  2. K2200 is a Maxwell I generation card . HEVC encoding using NVENC needs Maxwell II or newer
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think Xmedia Recode does not used GPU-assisted or GPU-optimized conversions on H265 yet
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by teodz1984 View Post
    I think Xmedia Recode does not used GPU-assisted or GPU-optimized conversions on H265 yet
    ffmpeg does using -c:v nvenc_hevc, so xmedia recode should too - since it's really a ffmpeg GUI

But his card doesn't support it
    Quote Quote