VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a way I can embed frame numbers in a video (I'm using premiere pro cs6), but display optionally, so the viewer can turn them on or off (I'd set them to off to begin with)? Maybe as metadata or something? I'm sure the player would have to support this as well. Maybe subtitles or something. Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this? I know very little about metadata. TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. What is the target player and destination format ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe this helps - info about timecode handling
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/timecode.html

Or check here:
    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/856268

Googling on timecode gives a lot info on this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OOPs disregard. After rereading I see you want to be able to turn them off also. My bad.

You can use ffmpeg and avisynth to easily add the extra information. In the example below Frame number, time codes and other information is included in the avisynth script. Then just use this as your input to ffmpeg and it will encode it into your video.

AVISYNTH script:
    DirectShowSource(("C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\Various test Formats\aCommercial HDCNVRTED.flv"), Pixel_Type="yuy2").Crop(0,0,-0,-0)
    LanczosResize(854,480)
    Subtitle("C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\Various test Formats\aCommercial HDCNVRTED.flv", x=853, y=260, font="Arial", size=24, text_color=$ff0000, align=3)
    Subtitle("This is Anamorphic video", font="Arial", size=24, text_color=$ff0000, align=5)
    ShowFrameNumber(scroll=true, x=10, y=27, font="Arial", size=24, text_color=$ff0000)
    ShowTime(x=72, y=44, font="Arial", size=24, text_color=$ff0000)
    ShowSMPTE(fps=23.976, x=68, y=61, font="Arial", size=24, text_color=$ff0000)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_210 Feb. 08 23.22.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	40501
    Click image for larger version

Name:	frame codes.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	40502
    Quote Quote