VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 31
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Since today downloads from www.npo.nl are not working anymore, the url has changed as wel to www.npostart.nl .
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    So there is no way to download video from VTM?
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I can understand and respect a developer's decision not to go up against DRM . . . but, at the same time, I'd like to know of any other capable alternatives which are not taking that path.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was happily downloading videos from my local PBS affiliate: KPBS. Well, that stopped, so I tried upgrading from 1.16 to 1.17, but that didn't fix it, so I turn to you guys! Here is TVDownloader's messages:

[generic] bombshell-the-hedy-lamarr-story-xxkyoj: Requesting header
    WARNING: Falling back on generic information extractor.
    [generic] bombshell-the-hedy-lamarr-story-xxkyoj: Downloading webpage
    [generic] bombshell-the-hedy-lamarr-story-xxkyoj: Extracting information
    ERROR: Unsupported URL: https://video.kpbs.org/video/bombshell-the-hedy-lamarr-story-xxkyoj/
    Press any key to continue . . .

Note: At the time of this posting, this is not a 'Passport' item; Passport items are only available to subscribers.
    Quote Quote  
  5. youtube-dl --hls-prefer-native "https://ga.video.cdn.pbs.org/videos/american-masters/dc2dad6d-df33-4f42-b73f-529050fbd5e5/2000043368/hd-16x9-mezzanine-1080p/fbhkl3f7_amms3104-16x9-720p_158.m3u8"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    youtube-dl --hls-prefer-native "https://ga.video.cdn.pbs.org/videos/american-masters/dc2dad6d-df33-4f42-b73f-529050fbd5e5/2000043368/hd-16x9-mezzanine-1080p/fbhkl3f7_amms3104-16x9-720p_158.m3u8"
    It was kind of you to provide the link to that censored version, but I only offered up that particular show as an example. I'd much prefer to return to those heady days when I could download directly from KPBS.org. I suspect that that means adding it to the list of supported sites, rather than relying on the generic downloader -- if that is indeed possible.

PS There are uncensored versions of that particular show elsewhere on the internets.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Variously View Post
    It was kind of you to provide the link to that censored version, but I only offered up that particular show as an example. I'd much prefer to return to those heady days when I could download directly from KPBS.org.
    Use a browser's Developer Tools (F12) to view network traffic. You'll see the m3u8 link LZAA gave. That method will work for other kbps videos.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Oh dear, I simply took the URL inside that command and pasted it into TVDownloader -- and was able to download the show. Taking the command as a whole, I'm really not sure of the context; i.e. what program accepts that command as input to download a file. I am familiar with using IE's developer tools with F12, opened the network tab and started capturing traffic, but was unable to see anything resembling a large video stream -- though there was a small ad file there. I tried closing the page/browser a few times and observed a few times without spotting anything.

Anyway, I'm in no rush, if KPBS.org is added as a supported site at some point, future me will be happy!
    Quote Quote  
  9. You won't see a large video stream. The m3u8 file is a small text file with links to hundreds of small ts files:

Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXT-X-VERSION:3
    #EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:7
    #EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:1
    #EXT-X-PLAYLIST-TYPE:VOD
    #EXTINF:6.006,
    fbhkl3f7_amms3104-16x9-720p-720p-3000k_00001.ts
    fbhkl3f7_amms3104-16x9-720p-720p-3000k_00002.ts
    fbhkl3f7_amms3104-16x9-720p-720p-3000k_00003.ts
    fbhkl3f7_amms3104-16x9-720p-720p-3000k_00004.ts
    fbhkl3f7_amms3104-16x9-720p-720p-3000k_00005.ts
    fbhkl3f7_amms3104-16x9-720p-720p-3000k_00006.ts
    Youtube-dl is the program that was suggested to download and concatenate all those segments.

This is common now as providers try to make it harder and harder to download their videos.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    This is common now as providers try to make it harder and harder to download their videos.
    But, not against intrepid technophiles, such as yourself!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Variously View Post
    Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    youtube-dl --hls-prefer-native "https://ga.video.cdn.pbs.org/videos/american-masters/dc2dad6d-df33-4f42-b73f-529050fbd5e5/2000043368/hd-16x9-mezzanine-1080p/fbhkl3f7_amms3104-16x9-720p_158.m3u8"
    It was kind of you to provide the link to that censored version, but I only offered up that particular show as an example. I'd much prefer to return to those heady days when I could download directly from KPBS.org. I suspect that that means adding it to the list of supported sites, rather than relying on the generic downloader -- if that is indeed possible.

PS There are uncensored versions of that particular show elsewhere on the internets.
    And a very good documentary that was. I saw it via Netflix, as a subscriber, but as you noted it is available elsewhere. I'm finding that with most of the stuff I go looking for, it winds up being available somewhere or other -- officially or unofficially.
    I do maintain a super-rare, extremely-hard-to-find list of desired titles (mostly foreign or obscure or "lost" films), but fortunately in this internet age that list shrinks more than it expands. I just waited 6 years for English subtitles to turn up for one of these, but in the end my patience was rewarded, so scratch another title from that list.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post

And a very good documentary that was. I saw it via Netflix, as a subscriber
    Is the netflix version uncensored? What's censored in the PBS version?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Can't speak for the Netflix version, but the PBS version is some 5 minutes shorter than the other version I have, and blurs out that which should never be blurred!

I agree with the earlier comment regarding 'most' shows, but as a senior citizen, my interests aren't readily accommodated by 'most!'

As for subtitles, I once created by own for an obscure version of Verdi's Nabucco; armed with only a Spanish .srt and an English Libretto!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Variously View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Can't speak for the Netflix version, but the PBS version is some 5 minutes shorter than the other version I have, and blurs out that which should never be blurred!
    Thanks for that. I just checked, the Netflix version is about 5 minutes longer. I'll watch that one...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post

And a very good documentary that was. I saw it via Netflix, as a subscriber
    Some brief clips from "Exstase", and a couple early (nude) still pix, I think. I would not have thought it reached anything approaching 5 minutes worth, however. There are also a few minutes of Extras on the disc, which did not amount to much.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I get this error:

[youtubelaylist] Downloading playlist PL_kPWOOUAjb9hwHNFIQeyqKB2U7fgo1eO - add --no-playlist to just download video IQrJEfMag2o
    [youtubelaylist] PL_kPWOOUAjb9hwHNFIQeyqKB2U7fgo1eO: Downloading webpage
    [download] Downloading playlist: Basic Editing in VSDC Video Editor
    [youtubelaylist] PL_kPWOOUAjb9hwHNFIQeyqKB2U7fgo1eO: Downloading page #1
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "__main__.py", line 19, in <module>
    File "youtube_dl\__init__.pyo", line 465, in main
    File "youtube_dl\__init__.pyo", line 455, in _real_main
    File "youtube_dl\YoutubeDL.pyo", line 1958, in download
    File "youtube_dl\YoutubeDL.pyo", line 787, in extract_info
    File "youtube_dl\YoutubeDL.pyo", line 939, in process_ie_result
    File "youtube_dl\extractor\youtube.pyo", line 272, in _entries
    KeyError: u'content_html'
    Presione una tecla para continuar . . .

I need help, please
    Quote Quote  
  17. how dowloand video hulu.com page ???
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lamola2003 View Post
    I get this error:

[youtubelaylist] Downloading playlist PL_kPWOOUAjb9hwHNFIQeyqKB2U7fgo1eO - add --no-playlist to just download video IQrJEfMag2o
    [youtubelaylist] PL_kPWOOUAjb9hwHNFIQeyqKB2U7fgo1eO: Downloading webpage
    [download] Downloading playlist: Basic Editing in VSDC Video Editor
    [youtubelaylist] PL_kPWOOUAjb9hwHNFIQeyqKB2U7fgo1eO: Downloading page #1
    File "youtube_dl\YoutubeDL.pyo", line 787, in extract_info
    File "youtube_dl\YoutubeDL.pyo", line 939, in process_ie_result
    File "youtube_dl\extractor\youtube.pyo", line 272, in _entries
    KeyError: u'content_html'
    Presione una tecla para continuar . . .

I need help, please
    Just copy this URL into TVDownloader and it works: https://youtu.be/IQrJEfMag2o
    Quote Quote  
  19. has someone tried if this programm works on charlierose.com? I want to download several videos from this site..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes @Petra78, charlierose.com is supported.
    Quote Quote  
  21. ahhhh this programme is cool. It really works. Thank you so much. And it's very easy to handle.
    Quote Quote  
  22. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/mel-brooks-full-episode/2622/

i can get this with url in youtube dl and USA ip through cyberghost free. It seems to me cyberghost works when other VPN don't.Sites seem to be able to tell you are not in the relevant country even with some vpns. But my use is limited to a few free vpns. I have no contact with cyberghost
    Last edited by David Banner; 20th Jun 2018 at 15:20.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi!
    Today I get an error message when download a youtube link - ffmpeg.exe has stopped working. Please close the program. When I ignore this message the program began to download but the download is very very slow and the message comes again and again.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Petra78 View Post
    Hi!
    Today I get an error message when download a youtube link - ffmpeg.exe has stopped working. Please close the program. When I ignore this message the program began to download but the download is very very slow and the message comes again and again.

Any ideas?
    youtube dl is what i use for youtube. Are you losing connection to the internet and is it starting again ,isthat why you keep getting the message?
    Quote Quote  
  25. I still have full connection. I have re-installed the program. Now it works but download rate ist very slow. I'll try youtube dl.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    kijk.nl is not supported anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by killer30 View Post
    If you're not in Canada use a Canadian proxy or VPN. Use a browser's Developer Tools (F12) to get the m3u8 url (on the Network tab), then download with youtube-dl:

Code:
    youtube-dl https://capi.9c9media.com/destinations/ctv_web/platforms/desktop/contents/1405338/contentpackages/2084008/manifest.m3u8
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by killer30 View Post
    If you're not in Canada use a Canadian proxy or VPN. Use a browser's Developer Tools (F12) to get the m3u8 url (on the Network tab), then download with youtube-dl:

Code:
    youtube-dl https://capi.9c9media.com/destinations/ctv_web/platforms/desktop/contents/1405338/contentpackages/2084008/manifest.m3u8
    thank you man
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I want to download 'Ella' from VTM.be
    I've made a working account ant typed it in the software as needed, but it doesn't work...
    The terminal promt sais:
    [Medialaan] 257709150377000: Downloading webpage
    File "youtube_dl\YoutubeDL.pyo", line 776, in extract_info
    File "youtube_dl\extractor\common.pyo", line 434, in extract
    File "youtube_dl\extractor\medialaan.pyo", line 168, in _real_extract
    IndexError: list index out of range
    Press any key to continue . . .

When I press any key,the terminal closes and nothing else happens :/

Do any of you know how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ShawnR4; 7th Jul 2018 at 22:47. Reason: Giving aditional information
    Quote Quote