VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Getting errors on VRT.be now
    DOesn't seem that big of an error but still refuses to download.

https://puu.sh/xUKd3/ce379db850.png
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Please download latest version.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by xplorr View Post
    Please download latest version.
    Bedankt !!! Works like a charm
    Quote Quote  
  4. Getting this error at the VTM/Vier etcetcImage
    [Attachment 43406 - Click to enlarge]
    website. I'm running the prog at admin. And with the latest version.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by steveschumi View Post
    Getting this error at the VTM/Vier etcetcImage
    [Attachment 43406 - Click to enlarge]
    website. I'm running the prog at admin. And with the latest version.
    Try again on a completely different PC? DOesn't sound like it has to do with this program, prolly something else
    Quote Quote  
  6. It has something to do with Youtube_dl. I contacted a week age Xplorr with the same problem via PM. and now it is on every website. VTM,VIER, VRT NU de video are saved as a temp file not a MP4... Or Youtube_dl is broken or has an update that we don't have or de websites have yet again updated there website...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by steveschumi View Post
    It has something to do with Youtube_dl. I contacted a week age Xplorr with the same problem via PM. and now it is on every website. VTM,VIER, VRT NU de video are saved as a temp file not a MP4... Or Youtube_dl is broken or has an update that we don't have or de websites have yet again updated there website...
    I downloaded a series from VTM/VRT yesterday with this tool, succesfully.
    So either you didn't update correctly to the newest version or something else is wrong. Not all hope is lost, have you tried with gemistdownloader?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I tested it again today. and no error's!! WTF yesterday it was f upt. Very strange. tested it in VTM,VRT, and Vier no errors.. so thats good.
    Quote Quote  
  9. hi, is it possible to stop the software from also downloading the adds with videos from fox.com?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blade2005 View Post
    hi, is it possible to stop the software from also downloading the adds with videos from fox.com?
    Depends on youtube-dl...

@xplorr:
    it is not combining the audio with the video file on bbc videos...
    still getting:
    HTML Code:
    [ffmpeg] Merging formats into "D:\[BBC]\Gardeners' World, 2017, Episode 29.mp4"
    ERROR: Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): Invalid argument
    Press any key to continue . . .
    you can't fix that?
    either you have invalid parameters with ffmpeg,or you haven't defined them at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can try downloading another ffmpeg version.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xplorr View Post
    Could you change the quality lines as follows so it downloads the videos as 25 FPS (25 frames per second) instead of 50 FPS ?

HTML Code:
    <input type="radio" name="Quality" value="bestvideo[height<=1080,fps=25][ext=mp4]+bestaudio[ext=m4a]/best[height<=1080,fps=25][ext=mp4]/best[height<=1080,fps=25]">1080p
    now I have to do it manually and write protect your HTA file so it won't get overwritten..

You could add an option so people could tick if they want 50/25 fps,and then add the variable,or just add it permanently as above..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Will consider your suggestion in next release. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Does YoutubeVideoDownloader work with rtmpdump, provided that it is in the same folder as youtube-dl?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, should work.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Good to know. I thought it likely would. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Wondering if there is any applicability for the following type example, where an html URL then in turn automatically begins playing a video . . . which has some other address that I'm not presently able to uncover ?

http://www.idahostatesman.com/entertainment/restaurants/restaurant-reviews/article178529166.html

I have an app folder that covers some 9 or 10 different video capture apps, such as VideoGet, TubeDigger, etc., and lately also equipped to run your program, as one of the options. I threw a bunch of these apps at this particular case. The only one that managed to handle this job was Fast Video Downloader. (Which might not even be mentioned in the Tools Section here on VH ?) It was kind of like a Hoover vaccuum though, gobbling up a dozen or so videos from that page indiscriminately, with some duplications for different resolution versions of the same video. And several were extraneous and irrelevant, though not differentiated by name. I had to then go through every video with a player, eliminating all but the one I had actually been after.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're right.
    Updating to the latest version of ffmpeg fixes that error.
    Now it combines the video and audio file into one file.
    Maybe you should update it too.
    But adding mkvmerge into your tool would probably fix it permanently.
    if that error=positive then use mkvmerge to mux it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    New version 1.16 released. See first page of this thread for download.

Added option to prefer mp4/m4a demuxed video/audio (default is checked). If unchecked, other video formats may be downloaded (fi. webm, flv, ...).
    Warning: merging mp4+m4a can take extra time.
    Replaced ffmpeg engine with newer version.

Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kamala View Post
    Could you change the quality lines as follows so it downloads the videos as 25 FPS (25 frames per second) instead of 50 FPS ?

HTML Code:
    <input type="radio" name="Quality" value="bestvideo[height<=1080,fps=25][ext=mp4]+bestaudio[ext=m4a]/best[height<=1080,fps=25][ext=mp4]/best[height<=1080,fps=25]">1080p
    now I have to do it manually and write protect your HTA file so it won't get overwritten..

You could add an option so people could tick if they want 50/25 fps,and then add the variable,or just add it permanently as above..
    If one chooses eg. 1080p HD, it will download the best quality available for 25 fps,and so forth...
    eg. for 540p/480p it will download 704*396 ..
    Then again, this is only for BBC, dunno how it works with other sites..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have done some testing with 'fps' option and I was not satisfied with the results.
    At the moment I don't want to implement it. Why?
    1/ I want to keep TVDownloader as simple as possible. End-users should not be bothered with "complex" decisions.
    2/ There is a multitude of fps possibilities: 23.98, 23.976, 24, 25 29.97, 30, 50 59.94, 60 fps
    3/ The 'fps' option did not give me the desired results (I tested o.a. on Youtube).
    Even when I used <= option (with or without '?'), I could not get the desired results. Every site responds differently.
    4/ You are the only one so far asking for this option: I advise you to make a custom version of TVDownloader (as you did) or use youtube-dl. ps you don't have to write-protect the modified HTA, just copy it to the program folder and run it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. THANK YOU for your updates & posts xplorr!!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have done some testing with 'fps' option and I was not satisfied with the results.
    At the moment I don't want to implement it. Why?
    1/ I want to keep TVDownloader as simple as possible. End-users should not be bothered with "complex" decisions.
    2/ There is a multitude of fps possibilities: 23.98, 23.976, 24, 25 29.97, 30, 50 59.94, 60 fps
    3/ The 'fps' option did not give me the desired results (I tested o.a. on Youtube).
    Even when I used <= option (with or without '?'), I could not get the desired results. Every site responds differently.
    4/ You are the only one so far asking for this option: I advise you to make a custom version of TVDownloader (as you did) or use youtube-dl. ps you don't have to write-protect the modified HTA, just copy it to the program folder and run it.
    It does not have to be complex..
    Add box for NTSC/PAL Framerate and then it choses between the available NTSC/PAL framerates (which you define, or add another box ADVANCED FEATURES) ..
    25 (interlaced) and 50 (deinterlaced) is for Pal, 25 is the normal standard.
    NTSC is 29.97 (interlaced) and 60 (deinterlaced) for the normal standard.

if one clicks for PAL or NTSC in your program, it downloads at those rates if available.
    Add a box for "Interlaced ON/OFF".
    The rest you can put in the advanced settings dialog, if needed.
    So the program interface does stay simple.
    Here's a good article about the framerates.

If I make a custom version for myself, I can share it with you (privately.. you = xplorr) to use or add in your pack for the people requiring this, if you like.
    Else,you could just add the option in your setup so it will extract the version wanted to be ran, simple / with advanced settiongs, if you want to seperate
    them completely.
    Also on advanced settings, you can INFORM that people use them at their own "risk" that you are not responsible for what kinda results they get.
    Last edited by Kamala; 1st Dec 2017 at 03:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Feel free to send me your suggestion, I will evaluate.
    Quote Quote  
  25. hello who managed to download video from http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/little-women-dallas/season-2/episode-10 I do not succeed with anything to go
    Quote Quote  
  26. Thank you for your wonderful tool. Is it possible to add the add the ability to login to tv provider sites - ie adobe pass auth sites. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  27. Sometimes we need to use proxies for region restricted videos...
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    It's something to do with the processor threads on my system, I think.
    Might be unique to me for all I know. Not to worry.
    At first i thought it might be some form of exception handling, now I think it's just Vista not being able to set the processor group.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd405503%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
    Not a huge problem. Like I said, it works. Thanks again for such a tidy interface.

Edit: I don't get the errors if a video CANNOT be downloaded. The command shell closes without exception. Any ideas?
    Do you have the same problem if you run youtube-dl from command prompt?
    Could also have something to do with ffmpeg. Could you try to temporarily rename ffmpeg in the install dir and test if you still have the problem?
    Using TVDownloader 1.16 in combination with Windows Vista gives an error:
    'The procedure entry point GetNumaNodeProcessorMaskEX could not be located in dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll'

Error is related to ffmpeg and using Windows Vista. Although it's not mentioned, ffmeg versions after June 2016 aren't anymore supporting Windows Vista and up to now it seems that it also won't be anymore in future. After installing the program TVDownloader 1.16 with ffmpeg static version 3.4.1 also added during installation, downloading of video is possible but with some error messages during download. After downloading, however audio and video files are not merged since ffmpeg is not functioning.

Solution: override older ffmeg version still compatible with ffmeg like for example ffmpeg-2.2.2, used for Audacity. Procedure:
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks for the update:
    Baseline: TVDownloader on Windows Vista: replace ffmpeg with older ffmpeg-2.2.2
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Hi. The site canaldigital.se is not yet supported by tvdownloader, any one who knows a solution to download from that site.
    Quote Quote