VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by giampi View Post
    A new version of youtube-dl is out, but the bug isn't solved
    Now it is but not yet released.. You can see the source code tho..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    New version 1.10 released.
    Updated engine.
    UI fix: in case of error console window will stay open, so you can read the error.

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xplorr View Post
    New version 1.10 released.
    Updated engine.
    UI fix: in case of error console window will stay open, so you can read the error.
    Awesome mate.
    I was suppose to suggest you that.
    Keep up the good work!
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Wonderful! With the new version I can download videos from Bbc. Thanks a lot for your hard work
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    youtube-dl.exe is corrupt on the zip file you provided...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Problem is cleared now. Download is back ok. Version 1.12 is clean
    Problem was a corrupt custom third-party youtube-dl version visiting unwanted sites.
    The author and the source of this malicious youtube-dl is located and the code is corrected.
    Please do remove version 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11 from you computer!
    I have used the official youtube-dl version again with some custom changes.
    I deeply apologize for the inconvenience, which was totally beyond my control.
    Last edited by xplorr; 30th Aug 2017 at 09:43.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    New version uploaded: 1.12
    UI fix, mp4 preference, support for split video/audio, best approximation iso exact requested resolution

Last edited by xplorr; 2nd Sep 2017 at 06:27.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xplorr View Post
    New version uploaded: 1.12
    UI fix, mp4 preference, support for split dash video, best approximation iso exact requested resolution
    Some PAL videos seems to come thru at 50fps,thus making the videos a lot bigger...
    Could you add an option to choose 25fps if/when available.
    Thanks.

edit:
    please remove the download link from the first post if you're not releasing a new version when you say you are. :P
    Last edited by Kamala; 27th Aug 2017 at 11:41.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    New version 1.14 released.

Last edited by xplorr; 30th Aug 2017 at 09:45.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Works really good! thanx for the update man!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Tested it today on Vier, VTM and VRT and must say it works really really good. No problems at al. Big Thank You again
    Quote Quote  
  12. I would like to thank Xplorr for this amazing software but i have a request : my internet connection is not very powerful and efficient that's why i prefer downloading videos (especially documentarys from dailymotion) with the least and smallest quality resolution and "YoutubeVideoDownloader" doesn't propose 3GP and 144p video quality of youtube and dailymotion because i want just convert these videos to audio and listen to them when i am in public transport .......

and sadly, my computer isn't either very powerful and it will be great if Xplorr could add Constant bitrate (CBR) to mp3 conversion options because VBR is a long and complex process which need a big time and energy consumption and we should be concerned about the future of our planet which it is smothered by pollution and the greenhouse effect and wasted energy ......

I have also a question : other programs that are Windows front-end for youtube-dl claim that they support 200 sites but YoutubeVideoDownloader is able to download video and audio from +900 sites while they use the same engine ! what the secret about this big gap of supported websites ? Thank you .
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thank you for you comment.
    If I understand you well, you only want the audio part of a video? Is that correct?
    TVDownloader has a button to just download the audio part.
    The list of video/tv-sites that TVDownloader supports can be found here: https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html + a handful extra specifically tuned for the Dutch and Belgian sites.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hello Xplorr, i want that YoutubeVideoDownloader let me download the lowest video resolution available on video hosting platforms like youtube and dailymotion : i would like to have the possibility to download 144p video resolution and 3gp video quality on youtube and dailymotion, because actually YoutubeVideoDownloader proposes me to download only 240p video quality video ......
    and i would like also that YoutubeVideoDownloader extract the audio from the video which has the worst quality resolution with CBR encoding because the conversion process will be more faster and will let me to save internet bandwidth .Thank you again for all your efforts .
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What I will do is create a solution that almost fits your needs. I will replace 240p by "worst".
    But the philosophy of TVDownloader is to always give preference to MP4 and M4A. So if you select "worst" it will look for the worst video quality in mp4 and worst audio quality in m4a, if it doesn't find that, it will look for the the worst combined audio/video in mp4, if it doesn't find that it will look for the worst of all videofiles.
    Selecting that solution will mostly be faster, because if you only download the audio, it will look if it can find the worst audio file only, that will mostly be faster than downloading the worst combined audio+video file even in 3gp or otherwise.

I will release in a few moments, so keep an eye here shortly.
    Last edited by xplorr; 2nd Sep 2017 at 06:27.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Fantastic ! i am impatient to discover the new version !
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Released version 1.15: added "worst" option for video and audio

Quote Quote  
  18. Wooahh ! well done ! i have tried many video downloaders and youtube-dl gui but TVDownloader remains without a doubt the best tool ! A lot of thank to Xplorr !
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Would you be so kind to leave a feedback at: https://www.videohelp.com/softwareaddcomment?id=1696
    Quote Quote  
  20. @Xplorr, i have already gave a good review for TVDownloader, but i will add another excellent feedback !
    Last edited by azog963; 1st Sep 2017 at 19:24.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Maybe to make TVDownloader more fame and famous , Xplorr should :

1/ enable clipboard monitoring
    2/make a facebook page or twitter account for more visibility and notoriety , therefore we can find updates and make suggestions
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Version 1.15.1 released: engine replacement, support for bvn.tv
    Quote Quote  
  23. @Xplorr, i have tried to download this dailymotion video with option "worst" , but it failed with a message " ffmpeg exited with error code 1 ", i hope this bug will be fixed as soon as possible , because my favourite videos are in dailymotion :
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5zqrad
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    At first inspection, the "worst" format has an access denied. Perhaps try specifying your login credentials.
    In the meanwhile try using "360p" iso "worst".
    Last edited by xplorr; 8th Sep 2017 at 13:02.
    Quote Quote  
  25. would it be possible to have a full list or drop down box with all the availible video resolutions for the url/video that we paste into the software?
    a lot of sites like cbs and abc have different resolutions like 575p and 648p and 544p

thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The resolutions that TVDownloader offers are not "exact". When you choose one of the resolutions, the program tries to find the closest match, with preference for mp4, if not found it will search for other video formats that closely match the selected resolution. I also aim to keep the user-interface as simple as possible.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hi xplorr. Good work!!! Last day VTMKzoom has made some changes in the script I think. Is it possible to fix it?
    Keep up the good job.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    VTMKzoom still works here
    Quote Quote  
  29. I have tried all youtube-dl front end graphical interfaces proposed by videohelp.com ( this is me that proposed to videohelp administrators to include these softwares and programs ) , and all have failed to download low resolution videos from dailymotion platform : i think that this is a good time to Xplorr to demonstrate that he is the master and that he has the best software by fixing this problematic bug !
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by azog963 View Post
    I have tried all youtube-dl front end graphical interfaces proposed by videohelp.com ( this is me that proposed to videohelp administrators to include these softwares and programs ) , and all have failed to download low resolution videos from dailymotion platform : i think that this is a good time to Xplorr to demonstrate that he is the master and that he has the best software by fixing this problematic bug !
    Problem is fixed in version 1.15.2 : fix for hls download via ffmpeg
    Please download, test and leave feedback.
    Quote Quote