VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. ^bro need some program to download from iflix
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    After several tries, the download aborts with two files:
    • [name].flv.part = 30.749kB
    • [name].flv.ytdl = 1kB
    Viewing the flv.part file, it stops after 01:59

What to do when tvdownloader aborts with a partly file?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by MarkDQ View Post
    After several tries, the download aborts with two files:
    • [name].flv.part = 30.749kB
    • [name].flv.ytdl = 1kB
    Viewing the flv.part file, it stops after 01:59

What to do when tvdownloader aborts with a partly file?
    Sometimes it helps to retry.
    But some sites are well protected and don't allow downloading.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about adding support to download subtitles too,if available.
    Or download them automatically.

#--write-sub Write subtitle file
    #--all-subs Download all the available subtitles of the video
    #--list-subs List all available subtitles for the video
    --all-subs
    ..and adding metadata on the video file..
    #--add-metadata Write metadata to the video file
    --add-metadata
    I had to edit and add these on the global config file since your frontend currently doesn't have the options.

edit:
    also your GUI doesn't display correctly with my Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 (laptop)
    with 1920x1080 resolution..
    It's missing some text in the box at the bottom..

Thanks for the nice app.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    New version 1.7.1 available: http://bit.ly/2vM0uz4
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xplorr View Post

no subtitles/metadata support, nor gui display fixed.

For people adding these manually,you have to edit a file called "youtube-dl.conf".

#On Windows, the user wide configuration file locations are %APPDATA%\youtube-dl\config.txt
    #or C:\Users\<user name>\youtube-dl.conf.
    #Note that by default configuration file may not exist so you may need to create it yourself.
    Last edited by Kamala; 28th Jul 2017 at 01:31.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Kamala View Post

no subtitles/metadata support, nor gui display fixed.

For people adding these manually,you have to edit a file called "youtube-dl.conf".

#On Windows, the user wide configuration file locations are %APPDATA%\youtube-dl\config.txt
    #Note that by default configuration file may not exist so you may need to create it yourself.
    The GUI fix is for screens with other dpi's than 96 dpi.
    And you are now able to resize or maximize the screen (ploblem exists because it's a HTA application=HTML application)
    The subtitles, I will add soon!
    Ps. what changes did you add in the youtube-dl config file?
    Last edited by xplorr; 28th Jul 2017 at 08:05.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    De subtitles, I will add soon!
    Ps. what changes did you add in the youtube-dl config file?
    Just add:
    --all-subs

for youtube-dl.exe to download all available subtitles

and:
    --add-metadata

for it to write the metadata (short description) on the video file.

---->>>
    # Lines starting with # are comments

#--config-location PATH Location of the configuration file; either
    # the path to the config or its containing directory.

#--write-sub Write subtitle file
    #--all-subs Download all the available subtitles of the video
    #--list-subs List all available subtitles for the video
    --all-subs

#--add-metadata Write metadata to the video file
    --add-metadata
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I just released TVDownloader 1.8
    Upon request, I added option to download subtitles and write metadata to video/audio file.
    Download here: TVDownloader.zip

Last edited by xplorr; 18th Aug 2017 at 11:46.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank you, xplorr, for your work. I've a problem with your program: when i press "download video" the command window opens but closes immediately.
    What's wrong? Can you help me? Thanks a lot
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by giampi View Post
    Thank you, xplorr, for your work. I've a problem with your program: when i press "download video" the command window opens but closes immediately.
    Mostly it is because it cannot download the video.
    Either the website is not supported, or the url is not correct or the user and/or password of the site is not correct.
    Quote Quote  
  13. My Url: https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evjp6q/play/a566gw/b08z2x5g and my login is correct.... Maybe the Url isn't correct?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, xplorr, for your work. I've a problem with your program: when i press "download video" the command window opens but closes immediately.
    The error messages it gives:
    WARNING: Could not send HEAD request to https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evjp6q/play/a566gw/b08z2x5g: <urlopen error [WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions>
    [generic] b08z2x5g: Downloading webpage
    ERROR: Unable to download webpage: <urlopen error [WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions> (caused by URLError(OSError(10013, 'An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions', None, 10013, None),))
    Last edited by Kamala; 29th Jul 2017 at 02:29.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My Url: https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evjp6q/play/a566gw/b08z2x5g and my login is correct.... Maybe the Url isn't correct?
    Cannot fix it immediately, because of limitation in download engine. Watch out here for newer versions.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thanks a lot for your interest
    Quote Quote  
  17. Landlord can do a portable version of it?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dou2019 View Post
    Landlord can do a portable version of it?
    Hi.
    The application is kinda portable.. (not fully since it does drop stuff in your current user %temp% directory,upon running..)
    It "installs" in: C:\Program Files (x86)\TVDownloader
    and when you run it,it creates a directory in the current users temp directory.. (in my case: %current_user%\AppData\Local\Temp\{CBC3F4A0-B688-4DBA-A817-D79EC4A2384B} ), where it places 3 files: coffee.png,tvdownloader.hta,tvdownloader.ico
    it then uses youtube-dl.exe and ffmpeg.exe in the directory where from tvdownloader.exe was ran from ..
    so in general,you can just copy "TVDownloader" directory from the program files wherever you like to, but remember it creates the temporary files in current user's temp directory, and when you close the application, it LEAVES them there, so you will have to delete that manually.
    It does NOT write anything into your Windows registry.
    Last edited by Kamala; 7th Aug 2017 at 04:16.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @xplorr:
    Update youtube-dl.exe in your downloader to the latest version if you want BBC downloads to work,cause now they aren't.. ;P
    Last edited by Kamala; 8th Aug 2017 at 02:31.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I did update, but nothing change for me. I can just read Unable and the windows did close immediately
    Last edited by giampi; 8th Aug 2017 at 10:28.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kamala View Post
    Originally Posted by dou2019 View Post
    Landlord can do a portable version of it?
    Hi.
    The application is kinda portable.. (not fully since it does drop stuff in your current user %temp% directory,upon running..)
    It "installs" in: C:\Program Files (x86)\TVDownloader
    and when you run it,it creates a directory in the current users temp directory.. (in my case: %current_user%\AppData\Local\Temp\{CBC3F4A0-B688-4DBA-A817-D79EC4A2384B} ), where it places 3 files: coffee.png,tvdownloader.hta,tvdownloader.ico
    it then uses youtube-dl.exe and ffmpeg.exe in the directory where from tvdownloader.exe was ran from ..
    so in general,you can just copy "TVDownloader" directory from the program files wherever you like to, but remember it creates the temporary files in current user's temp directory, and when you close the application, it LEAVES them there, so you will have to delete that manually.
    It does NOT write anything into your Windows registry.

I have used this program successfully. Many thanks to xplorr.

If he was to create a fully portable version of this, I'd like to recommend the .PAF type, as widely used at

https://portableapps.com/

It is surely the cleanest portable app structure I have seen, laying "all cards face up on the table" where you can see what they are, in a familiar and readily identifiable program tree, and it leaves no messy detritus behind upon exit. No temp directories with their junk. The other portable app formats I have seen mostly cannot say that. To accompany this, there should be a setting to specify where you prefer the downloads to go.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post

If he was to create a fully portable version of this, I'd like to recommend the .PAF type, as widely used at

https://portableapps.com/

It is surely the cleanest portable app structure I have seen, laying "all cards face up on the table" where you can see what they are, in a familiar and readily identifiable program tree, and it leaves no messy detritus behind upon exit. No temp directories with their junk. The other portable app formats I have seen mostly cannot say that. To accompany this, there should be a setting to specify where you prefer the downloads to go.
    He doesn't need to do that.
    He only needs to leave all the files in the "installer" in the same directory and run them from there (the launcher exe extracts some files in the temp directory as described in the earlier post, and that's all)

And.. There is several good examples,even in the portableapps platform where the apps leave traces in the host machine,due to bad scripting and people (whom are making the "portables") not paying attention on the actual scripting and monitoring of the software..
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did update, but nothing change for me. I can just read Unable and the windows did close immediately
    That has nothing to do with Xplorr's TVDownloader, it is a bug/limitation in youtube-dl.exe itself, I was talking about the main BBC programs, cause downloading of them
    does not work with the current version of TVDownloader,unless you update youtube-dl.exe manually...

--->>>

[debug] System config: []
    [debug] User config: ['--all-subs', '--add-metadata', '--write-description', '--write-info-json']
    [debug] Custom config: []
    [debug] Command-line args: ['--verbose', 'https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evjp6q/play/a566gw/b08z2x5g']
    [debug] Encodings: locale cp1252, fs mbcs, out cp850, pref cp1252
    [debug] youtube-dl version 2017.07.15
    [debug] Python version 3.4.4 - Windows-10-10.0.15063
    [debug] exe versions: ffmpeg N-77704-g68eb208, ffprobe 2.2.3
    [debug] Proxy map: {}
    [bbc] b08z2x5g: Downloading webpage
    ERROR: Unable to extract playlist data; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type youtube-dl -U to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\dst\AppData\Roaming\Build archive\youtube-dl\rg3\tmp9jcmgxq0\build\youtube_dl\YoutubeDL.py", line 776, in extract_info
    File "C:\Users\dst\AppData\Roaming\Build archive\youtube-dl\rg3\tmp9jcmgxq0\build\youtube_dl\extractor\comm on.py", line 433, in extract
    File "C:\Users\dst\AppData\Roaming\Build archive\youtube-dl\rg3\tmp9jcmgxq0\build\youtube_dl\extractor\bbc. py", line 1033, in _real_extract
    File "C:\Users\dst\AppData\Roaming\Build archive\youtube-dl\rg3\tmp9jcmgxq0\build\youtube_dl\extractor\comm on.py", line 782, in _search_regex
    youtube_dl.utils.RegexNotFoundError: Unable to extract playlist data; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug
    Quote Quote  
  24. I did unterstand and I've update youtube-dl.exe in the directori where is TvDownloader, but I cannot still download. With the youtube-dl.exe up to date I've the following message:
    ERROR: Unable to extract playlist data; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug . Make sure you are using the latest version; type youtube-dl -U to update. Be sure to call youtube-dl with the --verbose flag and include its complete output.
    Last edited by giampi; 12th Aug 2017 at 13:45.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did unterstand and I've update youtube-dl.exe in the directori where is TvDownloader, but I cannot still download. With the youtube-dl.exe up to date I've the following message:
    youtube-dl.exe can not download the videos from that web-page cause it is a bug in youtube-dl, and it is already reported on the issues.. ;P
    Quote Quote  
  26. A new version of youtube-dl is out, but the bug isn't solved
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A new version of youtube-dl is out, but the bug isn't solved
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    New version 1.9 released: engine replacement for vrt.be, vier.be, vijf.be, youtube.com, ...
    Download: see top of this thread.

Last edited by xplorr; 18th Aug 2017 at 13:01.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    New version 1.9 released: engine replacement for vrt.be, vier.be, vijf.be, youtube.com, ...
    Not yet in the Software section here . . . .
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Not yet in the Software section here . . . .
    Download: see top of this thread.
    Quote Quote