VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I used to use the external Hauppauge PVR 1, and I liked it's simple software that captured files that were AVCHD compliant - meaning I could the edit results in my Blu-ray authoring software and without having to re-encode the files.

I've now upgraded to Magewell Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus internal card and has wondering if anyone could recommend some capture software (free or paid) that would capture from this card and output AVCHD/Blu-ray compliant files?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have spent some time in the last few days looking for an easy way to get quality, real-time Blu-ray compatible video and audio from this device and found nothing. You may be out of luck. I suspect that most people who buy this card are using it for streaming. Since there is an SDK, I'm guessing many of Magewell's potential customers have the resources to develop their own software for use in house too.

This is the compatible software list from the Tech specs at the manufacturer's website:

VLC
    VirtualDub
    OBS
    XSplit
    vMix
    VidBlaster
    Wirecast
    Microsoft Media Encoder
    Adobe Flash Media Encoder
    Any other DirectShow/V4L2 encoding/streaming software

Note that there are some good third-party options for streaming, but VirtualDub is the only software listed that is primarily used for capture.

AmaRecTV might work with the Magewell Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus too, but neither AmaRecTV nor VirtualDub is going to provide an simple solution for real-time high-quality Blu-ray compatible video capture. Also for the Magewell Cards, there is not likely to be any software to capture 5.1 audio available. There is sample code for multi-channel audio capture in the SDK, but it won't allow capturing video.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I have spent some time in the last few days looking for an easy way to get quality, real-time Blu-ray compatible video and audio from this device and found nothing. You may be out of luck. I suspect that most people who buy this card are using it for streaming. Since there is an SDK, I'm guessing many of Magewell's potential customers have the resources to develop their own software for use in house too.

This is the compatible software list from the Tech specs at the manufacturer's website:

VLC
    VirtualDub
    OBS
    XSplit
    vMix
    VidBlaster
    Wirecast
    Microsoft Media Encoder
    Adobe Flash Media Encoder
    Any other DirectShow/V4L2 encoding/streaming software

Note that there are some good third-party options for streaming, but VirtualDub is the only software listed that is primarily used for capture.

AmaRecTV might work with the Magewell Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus too, but neither AmaRecTV nor VirtualDub is going to provide an simple solution for real-time high-quality Blu-ray compatible video capture. Also for the Magewell Cards, there is not likely to be any software to capture 5.1 audio available. There is sample code for multi-channel audio capture in the SDK, but it won't allow capturing video.

Thanks,

I appreciate the effort and reply
    Quote Quote