VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello I purchased a DVD of an amateur opera and the audio and video progressively drift. I've read a little about correcting it, but how do i correct it on this DVD but still maintain the menu etc? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have an answer to your question but If it were me, I'd contact the seller and let him/her know of the problem. Perhaps he/she can correct it and give you a corrected dvd.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by crumpybumpy View Post
    I've read a little about correcting it, but how do i correct it on this DVD but still maintain the menu etc? Thank you.
    1. Demux the video (PGCDemux)
    2. Fix the audio using whatever you use
    3. Reauthor the video with the fixed audio (Muxman)
    4. Put the fixed video back into the original DVD, getting back the menus (PGCEdit or VobBlanker).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by crumpybumpy View Post
    I've read a little about correcting it, but how do i correct it on this DVD but still maintain the menu etc? Thank you.
    1. Demux the video (PGCDemux)
    Thank you Manono. With the PGCDemux I created an Audiofile_80.ac3 and a VideoFile.m2v.

The audio drift is progressive--ok in the beginning but by the end of the single 2 and 1/2 hour video file it is way off.

I can open the ac3 file in VLC and see a duration of 2:31:50

When I open the m2v in VLC it shows no time duration. If I open it in Windows Media PLayer it shows a time of 59:23 which is definitely wrong. The whole video is there and the whole dvd is about 2 and 1/2 hours long.

I am assuming what I need to do is find the accurate time of the m2v file and then use Soundforge to Time Stretch or Expand the audio to match, but how do i fine out the accurate time of the m2v file? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by crumpybumpy View Post
    I am assuming what I need to do is find the accurate time of the m2v file and then use Soundforge to Time Stretch or Expand the audio to match...
    That may or may not be the way to find out the amount to stretch the audio. I was assuming you already knew how to fix the audio and were only asking how to get the menus back. And I explained how.
    I've read a little about correcting it...
    Now you're asking something completely different. To find out the length of an M2V video I make a D2V project file using DGIndex and then use that D2V together with the DGDecode.dll and MPEG2Source in an AviSynth script opened in VDub. That particular procedure is explained in the docs included in the DGMPGDec package.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've read comments in daws manuals that do video that it is important that project has same setting for frames per second as original video.
    Your problem seem to be related to have wrong fps when rendering it - exactly as described where I read it, it will create drifting.

So this might involved any NLE as well, to render correctly.

Or it might have to do with that done in 24 fps, but player/monitor need to convert to 25 fps or similar and does not handle this correctly.

If you purchased this - feed back info to publisher/seller to have them fixing it.
    Quote Quote