VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Scenario:

File 1a: 360p mp4 w/ AAC audio (full audio).

File 1b: 1080p mp4 w/ AAC audio (audio is muted randomly).

Goal: 1080p w/ AAC audio (full audio)

The video files are identical minus the quality and the audio. I did a test run with MKVToolNix and after the conversion, the audio syncs perfectly.

Is there a way to go about setting it up to do multiple. Maybe like pull video A from Folder A, pull audio from video A in Folder B, put combination in Folder C; and then continue to the next file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes. You can find a lot of infos about batching mkvmerge if you do a forum search. Without you giving more details (like exact filenames) it is difficult to help you more than that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Create those folders, give those videos exactly same name, watch for weird characters , mind you you will run batch script.Download MP4box , that particular EXE from videohelp (32bit or 64bit if having 64bit OS) for installation but do not install it , unzip that downloaded EXE to a folder (I used 7-zip unzip here feature), you need only those files:
    js.dll
    libeay32.dll
    libgpac.dll
    mp4box.exe
    ssleay32.dll
    Correct all paths below , name the text for example transfer.BAT in notepad , put that BAT into folder A and run it,
    it takes video from folder A, audio from folder B and muxes it into folder C:
    Code:
    @echo off
    setlocal
    set "folder_A=G:\folder A"
    set "folder_B=G:\folder B"
    set "folder_C=G:\folder C"
    set "mp4box=C:\tools\MP4box\MP4Box.exe"
    set "temp_folder=E:\temp"

for %%a in ("*.mp4") do "%mp4box%" -add "%folder_A%\%%~nxa"#video -add "%folder_B%\%%~nxa"#audio -tmp "%temp_folder%" -new "%folder_C%\%%~nxa"
    endlocal
    I usually include frame rate in MP4box command line like: -add input.mp4:fps=23.976
    not sure if it works correctly without specifying frame rate, it just might
    Last edited by _Al_; 5th Feb 2017 at 13:59.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks @sneaker and @_AI_

Both solutions worked perfectly fine and I learned about mkvtools, but MP4box was a tad bit more faster and easier for me.
    Quote Quote