VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I just picked up a used Liteon LVW-5006 and when I try and finalize the disc it shows a "pad-lock" and won't let me finalize it. This DVD disc works fine (will finalize) on my other DVD recorder. Any help on how to get this liteon to finalize a disc would be appreciated.
    David
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi orr4sale,

A open padlock symbol on a Liteon means it's not finalized, a closed/locked padlock means it's already finalized.

Only DVD+R/RW can be used for recording with the 5006.

You also do not need to (and cannot) finalize +RWs with this model to make them compatible in other models, only the +Rs.

If you try to finalize a +RW, it will ask you to change disk.

Other brands of dvd recorders, specifically the ones that can use -RWs, do need to be finalized in that particular model to make them compatible with other players (or recorders) for playback.

Hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  3. I just looked at the 5006 manual and I noticed that it's a "AllWrite" recorder that can record on both -R/RWs and +R/RWs dvds. A DVD-RW recorded in the 5006 will need to be finalized to make it compatible to other players but not the DVD+RWs.

You do not need to finalize +RWs, you need to finalize +Rs, also -Rs and -RWs to make them compatible in other players.

You might not be able to finalize dvds recorded in other recorders, that's more of a hit-and-miss area, might work with some models and not with others.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK, Thank You. David
    Quote Quote