VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. For a couple of days now I've used VideoReDo TVSuite V5 to fix damaged mp4 files. The trial is now over and I still need to fix some files. The program is too expensive for me, and I really just need to use the program a couple of days more anyways.

I have tested a lot of other programs, like TS Doctor, MPEG Streamclip, Handbrake, and SolveigsMM Video splitter. The files i get from these programs has desynced audio after i import them to premiere pro, or the audio doesn't load at all.

Does anyone have any alternatives to VideoReDo, or know if I can request another trial?
    Quote Quote  
  2. VideoRedo Plus is under $50, half the price of the suite. I use it a lot. If you plan to do anything more with video in the future, you will find that being able to losslessly cut and join files is something that you'll need to do a lot. So, even if you don't have any more files that need fixing, the other features are worth having.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use TSDoctor and have used all the other programs except Pro Adobe Premiere Pro without any problems. For stock standard MPEG2 transmissions still use ProjectX but sadly it won't handle HDTV files. I buy my programs and don't mess around with trials, for me it's not worth the hassle of some bits working and other bits not.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    VideoRedo Plus is under $50, half the price of the suite. I use it a lot. If you plan to do anything more with video in the future, you will find that being able to losslessly cut and join files is something that you'll need to do a lot. So, even if you don't have any more files that need fixing, the other features are worth having.
    I did try a VideoReDo Plus trial, but the program can't work with H.264 files(which is the livestream files i need to fix).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    I use TSDoctor and have used all the other programs except Pro Adobe Premiere Pro without any problems. For stock standard MPEG2 transmissions still use ProjectX but sadly it won't handle HDTV files. I buy my programs and don't mess around with trials, for me it's not worth the hassle of some bits working and other bits not.
    TS Doctor can only work with .ts files, so ill have to convert the mp4 file to ts first(I don't know if this damages the file more or if nothing happens)
    When loading the ts file in TS Doctor, I get the message: "First PCR not found!". It then just stays stuck on "Start/End check". Im pretty sure its stuck and not loading, since I once waited 2 hours just in case.

Btw, the files im trying to fix is usually 10-24h long. (10GB+) (720p)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have used VideoReDo for years, it is well worth the price.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best free HD (H264) editor I can find is MP4 Splitter which breaks the video up into separate files. MP4 Joiner doesn't work for me (as it creates a separate audio track for each file) but AVIdemux will happily join them all - as long as you've selected the "split/cut on key frames only" option in settings.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You can us my clever FFmpeg-GUI.
    To fix small errors in the streams, you can copy the whole video. Cuts however can only be made on keyframes.
    Quote Quote