+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.”
Model number of the TV + Google = Your Friend.
Two things to watch in regards to hardware players: 1) format/codec and 2) file specs (ie: resolution, video bitrate, audio codec, audio bitrate). Just because a device states that it will play mkv, for example, does not mean that it will play ALL mkv files. It's sometimes a matter of trial and error.Google is your Friend
H.264/AVCHD in either mp4/mkv container with Main Profile (MP) and a reasonable bitrate (1-pass CBR) should work just fine, unless you are targeting small file size, then you probably want to use the painfully slower 2-pass VBR. Where one usually gets into trouble is when they use a higher profile which most TVs do not support (unless you have an uber-moderrn UHDTV). Although when it comes to delivery codecs, I never use the bundled MainConcept encoder in Adobe products (AE, PP, AME) as it is a crippled version of MainConcept's full flight $500 encoder which is still arguably not quite as good as x264. If you are truly exporting straight out of AE (versus a dynamically linked PP timeline), I would export as a lossless AVI or something similar and encode that with x264. Post back if you need further instruction on that method.
Thanks for all the useful info and help guys.
I have all the files working now.
The problem was being caused by the way I was nesting compositions in Premiere pro.
The mistake happened in premiers interface.
For those of you who work with Premiere:
I needed to nest a comp within another in order to rotate the whole thing 90 degrees. I was doing this by creating a new comp and dragging the original comp into it by dropping it into the layer stack of the new comp. Everything renders out fine but will not play on the tv.
My colleague is also working on the project. He dragged his comps into the composition window, not the layer stack and they played perfectly on the LG tv. I did the same and my videos play perfectly now on the LG.
I can see how this quirky behaviour might trip up other users attempting to render for playback on a smart tv.
I used pretty much default settings, h264 in .mp4 container.
Thank guys, hope this problem solved helps someone else out.
Last edited by thecrock; 4th Feb 2017 at 14:12. Reason: solved“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.”