VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There was an old thread here on VideoHelp on this matter, suggesting AVIdemux or VirtualDub as the best options to do it.

I choose VD because it was mentioned that joining would be done with no re-encoding, so I went for that.

My first try went perfect, and I joined three files in one.

To help me I found this guide:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/virtualdub_join_avi.cfm

Now there are two questions:

1) The guide says to go to the last frame in the file. In this file the last frame was white, so I picked a black one. Is that alright?

2) Can I choose another point at the end of the file? It looks like it, from what I describe above, but I would like to be sure
    Quote Quote  
  2. Step three of that guide is unnecessary. File -> Append AVI Segment always appends at the end. It doesn't matter where the slider is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, that means I can't use that joining to cut titles off from the end of episodes 1 and 2?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by carlmart View Post
    OK, that means I can't use that joining to cut titles off from the end of episodes 1 and 2?
    Sure you can. You could simply append first then use the cut tool to remove the parts you don't want. Or you could open the first video, use the cut tool the remove the end of the video, then append the second video.

Keep in mind that VirtualDub can only cut on keyframes when you use Direct Stream Copy mode.
    Quote Quote