VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ Well I stated the dvd bit of that DTS encoder some posts back. And the OP came back with a 'lecture' about BD and DVD. He also stated that the software developer claimed that the DTS file created would be accepted by a BD authoring package. But then the software developer added that only Blu-print would accept a DTS file so created so they well be talking about the plug-in rather than the DVD product.

But I thought the OP had already created such a DTS file with that sw. Now if he only would try that with BD Easy and not simply rant on about multi-track recording we could all get some rest.

But in the current climate I see little point in continuing this topic so I will go back to my cave.

Peace !
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Man did you guys take Psychology classes or what. You drew me back in. I am not ranting. I just ask a simple question and now it is all this. A sample of my work. Critics are welcome or you would not improve, but be rescpectful. Everybody seems to know what gillman wants except gillman by this thread. Love & Kisses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp6O7fxblzM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @gillman I found a relatively inexpensive consumer solution for DTS encoding and Blu-ray authoring (Cyberlink PowerDirector Ultra 15), which is what you asked for. Try the demo version for yourself and report back. It is pointless for me to try it for you. You are the only person participating in this thread with access to the sort of video and audio source files that you feel are needed to judge its merits.

I'm going to skip watching your video. If according to you, authored Blu-ray with multi-channel AC3 audio isn't good enough to allow someone to fully appreciate your work, then watching a YouTube video is surely a complete waste of time.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The video soundtrack is PCM stereo. Most people watch You Tube on their mobile devices. I can't see any reason why I would want to use a 5.1 mix. Your choice if you don't want to watch it but I would like your input. The video is silly but it took a lot to put it together and would be fun to burn to a blu-ray with a decent 5.1 soundtrack not Hollywood but something better than an AC3. I will try the Cyberlink PowerDirector Ultra 15. I am already using their software for Blu-ray Data burning but not for video editing. May I get back to you?

Also a copy of websites I designed:

www.dannyandthelinders.com
    www.hotpursuitpoliceband.com

I don't want to bore you but you can see why I want to get better and more efficient with A/V stuff. I really appreciate all your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I like 'Wonder'. Nice work.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, that means alot when you are songwriter!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for listening!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I use this http://www.sothinkmedia.com/blu-ray-creator.htm (although, not often. Pendrives these days).
    Does menus and 5.1. For the price it can't be beat.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks I will check it out! If by chance you see something else let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gillman View Post
    The video soundtrack is PCM stereo. Most people watch You Tube on their mobile devices.
    ...which Youtube re-encodes to AAC or Opus, assuming someone watches on a PC. All web video looks and sounds bad to me.

Me Neanderthal. Me no have mobile devices. Me have dumb phone.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Me have dumb phone too, Tarzan know what you mean. How much longer do you think those dumb phones will be around? I hope for a long time.

Still working with Cyberlink PowerDirector Ultra 15.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Update on the demo version of Cyberlink PowerDirector Ultra 15. I don't know if in the demo version of this program is limited to what you can do with a 5.1 soundtrack. I use ASIO drivers for monitoring not WDM drivers. ASIO drivers are used for multichannel USB (firewire - thunderbolt) audio interfaces. WDM drivers are used for the mini plug out from a PC.
    So there is one problem. Also I down loaded the manuel which is very vague on setting up a speaker configuation for 5.1 montoring. It may be you can only monitor in stereo. It is also not clear on what of type audio encoder is used when burning. I need to research the program more. I have submitted questions to the tech department and I am still waiting on answers. If I am missing something please let me know. Transporterfan also gave me another program to check out as soon I get done with this one. Usually Quiet I will keep you updated if you like, if not let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Update on the demo version of Cyberlink PowerDirector Ultra 15. I don't know if in the demo version of this program is limited to what you can do with a 5.1 soundtrack. I use ASIO drivers for monitoring not WDM drivers. ASIO drivers are used for multichannel USB (firewire - thunderbolt) audio interfaces. WDM drivers are used for the mini plug out from a PC.
    So there is one problem. Also I down loaded the manuel which is very vague on setting up a speaker configuation for 5.1 montoring. It may be you can only monitor in stereo. It is also not clear on what of type audio encoder is used when burning. I need to research the program more. I have submitted questions to the tech department and I am still waiting on answers. If I am missing something please let me know. Transporterfan also gave me another program to check out as soon I get done with this one. Usually Quiet I will keep you updated if you like, if not let me know.
    I suggested Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 Ultra specifically for authoring and 5.1 DTS encoding, not editing. Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 Ultra should be able to accept 5.1 channel PCM audio and supports many different containers and video formats for import. It is probably the only inexpensive software you'll find with a 5.1 DTS encoder that does (simple) Blu-ray authoring. ...but don't expect Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 Ultra to replace the editing software you have been using.

Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 Ultra is an editor for consumers, not professionals, despite the marketing hype. If you want an all-in-one software package that offers an editor for professionals with professional gear, 5.1 DTS audio encoding, and Blu-ray authoring, you will need to look elsewhere. ...and if you find it, expect to pay much, much, more than $100.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You right I don't need a video editing program just an authoring program like I stated in my original post. I am not finding any of what you are claiming this program actually does. As I said before the manuel is vague on accepting any audio encoder. I think the demo version is limited. Could you please send me a link with all the information you stated the program does. I cannot find any of your information on the their website as far as what audio encoder the authoring software accepts. But of course with my limited intelligence I could be looking in the wrong place. Bear with me please, this could be the software I need. I also have these kind questions submitted to their tech department.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I started looking again at the Cyberlink PowerDirector Ultra 15 and it listed as video editing program. Could it be this?

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerproducer/features_en_US.html
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cyberlink calls their encoder "DTS 5.1 Producer". They added the feature starting with PowerDirector 12.
    http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?18591-Cyberlink-PowerDirector-12...l=1#post199761

Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 Ultra is an editor, but it also authors Blu-ray.

[Edit] B&H Photo lists "DTS 5.1 Producer" as a feature still available for Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 Ultra.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1282705-REG/cyberlink_pdr_ef00_rpu0_00_powerdir...ultra_dvd.html

[Edit 2]Looks like I was mistaken regarding when DTS encoding was added. I found a press release on Facebook announcing "DTS 5.1 Producer" as a feature Cyberlink added for PowerDirector 10
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/cyberlink/cyberlinks-powerdirector-10-delivers-advanced...0457105382331/
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 7th Feb 2017 at 13:24.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let me try the Power Producer then because a DTS encoder is not showing up anywhere in the demo version of Director. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well Power Producer is out according to their product comparisons https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerproducer/comparison_en_US.html

I sent a product question to Cyperlink about the DTS 5.1 Producer. They accept PDFs so I sent your links also (Facebook & B&H).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just my two cents since I can not resist coming back.

Methinks the audio encoding is done outside the video editing software that u_q has linked to. The speel I read shows the name of that program as 'Audio Director' and is only available as part of the Power Director Ultimate Suite or available as a stand-alone purchase.

And having created the audio, the editor will accept it for authoring. Pretty much like other software really.

BTW I wasted 7 minutes of my life on looking at that yt link. Whist there was little wrong with the video - quite clever actually - it has feck all to do with this topic. More of a ego trip for the OP (again just my own opinion) or a ruse to get more yt clicks which is pretty much frowned upon around here.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The link was met for Usually quiet and you missed the point of why I gave that to UQ. Stop being such a hater. I have always been respectful to you despite your perceptions. Peace please!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let me try the Power Producer then because a DTS encoder is not showing up anywhere in the demo version of Director. Thanks
    I downloaded the demo, just for you! You are not looking in the right place. DTS is an option under audio on the "Create Disc" page.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PowerDirector CreateDisc.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	40489  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The link was met for Usually quiet and you missed the point of why I gave that to UQ. Stop being such a hater. I have always been respectful to you despite your perceptions. Peace please!
    Well if it was for u_q then why did he chose not to look at it ?

I just state my own opinion. If you do not like it then you are entitled to report it.

I now see u_q's reply re the software. Now I have every respect for his knowledge which far exceeds mine. Yet I still fail to see how a $100 program is gonna encode DTS. Accept and author maybe a yes to that. But encode from another source ??
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    I now see u_q's reply re the software. Now I have every respect for his knowledge which far exceeds mine. Yet I still fail to see how a $100 program is gonna encode DTS. Accept and author maybe a yes to that. But encode from another source ??
    I started an export to a Blu-ray ISO about a half an hour ago. I'll find out if it encodes audio to DTS in another half an hour or so. Unfortunately, I used a nearly one-hour long video and I didn't figure out how to prevent PowerDirector from re-encoding the video.

[Edit] I started with 5.1 AC3 audio. Don't complain gillman. This was just a test to see if PowerDirector can re-encode it to 5.1 DTS. The answer is yes!

Media Info report:
    Code:
    Audio
    ID                                       : 4352 (0x1100)
    Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
    Format                                   : DTS
    Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
    Mode                                     : 16
    Format settings, Endianness              : Big
    Codec ID                                 : 130
    Duration                                 : 1h 51mn
    Bit rate mode                            : Constant
    Bit rate                                 : 1 509 Kbps
    Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
    Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth                                : 16 bits
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Stream size                              : 1.17 GiB (11%)
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 7th Feb 2017 at 15:26.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    He chose not to watch and I respect that, you did not hear me cry, Oh why not!!!!!!!! If I depend on forums to get hits for my productions then I am in trouble. I just wanted his opinion because by talking with him I can tell he knows what he is talking about. This what these forums are about to learn not to hate.

By the way he did find a program that has a DTS encoder for a reasonable price. I just burned my first blu-ray with a DTS 5.1 soundtrack and it is far superior to the outdated Ac3.

I am getting ready to respond to him. I am going to delete a lot of these conversations because there is too much hate going on. But the information about the DTS encoder is in UQ threads anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just burned first Blu-ray with a 5.1 DTS encoded soundtrack and it sounds fantastic! So much better than the AC3. I burned to a BD RW, now I can tweak my 5.1 mix.

I can't thank you enough, can I buy you a cup of coffee? Oh that's right we don't know each other. I wish I could have your e-mail to talk to you without haters. But to put the address on here would be a mistake.

I have some other issues I would like to discuss with you. So I will name the New Post - ASIO Vs WDM drivers. Will you respond? I am tired of typing right now. I am going to delete a lot of this stuff because of some of threads got out of hand. Could you please delete you laughing so hard one so I can delete mine. Again I can't thank you enough! Now on to a DTS Master HD encoder, oh no here he goes again!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just burned first Blu-ray with a 5.1 DTS encoded soundtrack and it sounds fantastic! So much better than the AC3. I burned to a BD RW, now I can tweak my 5.1 mix.

I can't thank you enough, can I buy you a cup of coffee? Oh that's right we don't know each other. I wish I could have your e-mail to talk to you without haters. But to put the address on here would be a mistake.

I have some other issues I would like to discuss with you. So I will name the New Post - ASIO Vs WDM drivers. Will you respond? I am tired of typing right now. I am going to delete a lot of this stuff because of some of threads got out of hand. Could you please delete you laughing so hard one so I can delete mine. Again I can't thank you enough! Now on to a DTS Master HD encoder, oh no here he goes again!
    Your thanks are enough for me. You could make a donation to the site if you are so inclined and buy baldrick a cup of coffee instead. Without baldrick, this site would not exist.

I don't see any way to get around paying at least $1500 to encode to DTS HD MA.

Don't be so hard on DB83. He's really an OK guy, and is just being frank. To be honest most here greatly prefer solving problems to watching and critiquing another member's work.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was always respectful to him and I just got tired of the comments. People have the choice not to click on any link and I only ask you to do it and you refused and I respected that. So let us go back to what forums are for. I prefer private e-mails (or better yet phone calls) because everybody perceives social media differently when reading. I am looking for knowledge all the time with an open mind. After reading you laugh so hard thread Oh no! But you came thru respectfully after that and I thank you. I hope you learned something from me also. Peace brother!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was always respectful to him and I just got tired of the comments. People have the choice not to click on any link and I only ask you to do it and you refused and I respected that. So let us go back to what forums are for. I prefer private e-mails (or better yet phone calls) because everybody perceives social media differently when reading. I am looking for knowledge all the time with an open mind. After reading you laugh so hard thread Oh no! But you came thru respectfully after that and I thank you. I hope you learned something from me also. Peace brother!
    Sorry, but I don't give out my email address, let alone my phone number to people I meet here. I prefer that my online activities remain separate from my real life. I turned off private messaging as well because I found there were too many people who didn't want to go through the forum and wanted a private unpaid video consultant instead. IMO, doing that would be contrary to the best interests of this forum.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 7th Feb 2017 at 16:25. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Who's Frank ?

BTW Start deleting posts for no other reason other than not liking what is written can earn yourself a ban.

No. I would not report you for that but it could happen since topics could not then be followed and one of their purposes is for others to come along later to read them and glean the info from them.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OMG would you just leave it alone! WOW
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    UQ, never really expected for you to give any information just a statement in form of a compliment. I wouldn't do it either but you would be somebody to share information with beacuse of your deligence to an issue.
    Quote Quote