VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

Just ditched PotPlayer for MPC-BE (due to the latter's built-in ICC color management), and have been fairly busy porting over settings these past few days. Finished this morning, but immediately ran into a problem. Upon playing ANY stream, the sound cuts out occasionally throughout the video (usually when the framerate drops below 40 FPS). Also, the video gets out-of-sync, and I don't get audio cuts out as well. When I pause, the video keeps on going for a while before it actually pauses. I notice all this only happens with the ffdshow raw video filter checked in "External Filters".

Here's my setup:

All external filters set to "Prefer".

Miscellaneous: I use EVR-CP as my default video renderer, and MPC Audio Renderer (24-bit int in Wasapi Shared Mode) as my default audio renderer. I have SVP installed alongside ffdshow tryouts. The filter for Avisynth is turned on in the ffdshow raw video filter.

Please help and thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM

For stability reasons, I reverted from the ffdshow Audio Decoder back to the LAV Audio Decoder. Also ended up changing the default audio renderer to Default DirectSound Device outputting 16-bits. Added the ffdshow Audio Processor for processing audio.

Still can't get online videos to stream smoothly...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM

Worked around the problem. Had to disable SVP's real-time interpolation to 60fps for online videos -- which is kinda sad, as I previously had SVP working for streaming online videos in PotPlayer, but at least I got videos on YouTube and other sites to stream smoothly again (the 3DYD YouTube Source filter has been set to "Prefer" and has been given priority for HTTP streaming sources; I can say that it works great -- supports every video on YouTube I play it on. For everything else besides YouTube, the LAV Splitter Source works fine.).
    Quote Quote