VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a number of cartoon files in MKV format where I only want to keep chapters 1, 2 and 4, which is to say I want to remove Chapter 3. When I load such a file into the MKVToolNix input tab, the "tricks, chapters and tags" box reads "4 entries" under Chapters, as expected. Switching to the output tab, the only real choice available to me seems to be selecting the "splitting" (before chapters) option and re-merging the three resulting pieces. Is there an easier way to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You want to completely remove the chapter (i.e. not just the chapter mark metadata but the actual video+audio from the timeline)? That seems impossible indeed unless you manually use "by parts based on [...]". You could make a feature request to the author. Seems strange that it isn't supported for "by parts" splitting.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Mkvmerge does support splitting by parts based on timecodes and frame/field numbers.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks. I finally just wrote a batch file splitting the files into all chapters and then reassembling only the ones I wanted.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Wallywalters: you mention the following
    "Thanks. I finally just wrote a batch file splitting the files into all chapters and then reassembling only the ones I wanted."
    Any chance you could share that script with us?
    Quote Quote