VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

Recently I started uploading highlights from a livestream on youtube, but I started having problems when the livestreames lasted for over 24h. I have a 13GB mp4 file that I need to cut into pieces so I can import it into premier pro.

I found a program called MPEG streamclip, but whenever i try to export pieces of the video, I get the error: "Error: Can't read the frame size".
    I was told fixing the timecode breaks would fix this, but whenever i try fix the timecode breaks I get the error: "Error:can't read the first time code".
    It does procced to fixing the timecode even after getting the error, but I still can't export the video.

The only thing that works with MPEG streamclip is to use "Save as". This saves the video as a .ts file and I can import it to premier pro. The problem here is that the audio desyncs heavily.

I have no idea what to do. Does someone have any other programs that can help me cut up a 24h long video into 1h pieces? Or do you know how to fix the errors so I can import a video into premier pro without having the audio desynced?

Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention that changing the .ts file into .mov seems to solve the desync when watching it in vlc and windows 10's "movies and tv" program, however, premier pro won't let me import the .mov file and says "Unsupported format or damaged file".
    Last edited by The_Sociopath; 25th Jan 2017 at 11:45.

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I suggest trying Cypheros TS-Doctor, VideoReDo TVSuite V5, TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5, and Smart Cutter Ps/Ts to see if any of them can meet your needs. They have free trials. Trial versions may add a watermark or have reduced functionality, but you can at least try the software before paying for it.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 25th Jan 2017 at 12:35.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329

3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I suggest trying Cypheros TS-Doctor, VideoReDo TVSuite V5, TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5, and Smart Cutter Ps/Ts to see if any of them can meet your needs. They have free trials. Trial versions may add a watermark or have reduced functionality, but you can at least try the software before paying for it.
    Thanks for answering!

I've tried TS doctor, and that didn't work, since i only could upload .ts files, and the 24h stream file is just a normal mp4 file.
    I also tried Smart Cutter, and it really looked like it worked at first, but when I tried to import the file into premier pro, it just says "Unsupported format or damaged file". It is a normal mp4 file. Why does this happen and how do I fix it? Im getting really annoyed!

Thanks!

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How many threads does someone need to create at VideoHelp to get help for his/her problem? Answer: Just one, according to the forum AUP. Since The_Sociopath has already started yet another thread, anyone who finds this thread should just continue in https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/382281-Only-half-the-audio-loads-in-premiere-pro?p=...99#post2475199
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th Jan 2017 at 19:08. Reason: corrected link
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329

5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The_Sociopath, this is the second duplicate thread of yours I've closed.
    Please read our rules before posting.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/72386-Forum-rules-Acceptable-Use-Policy-(AUP)?

Moderator redwudz