VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. I had a play with the audio from Creed 2, and you're not doing anything wrong there as far as compression goes. The background sound in the Creed 2 sample where I heard the speech going up and down is loud and has a fair amount of low frequency content. That seems to effect RockSteady more than the DAN. I honestly don't notice that sort of thing much using my normal RockSteady settings, but the DAN seemed to do a better job on that one (-f 150 in the command line). I tried a lot of different RockSteady settings but still thought the DAN was better. I tried VLevel and it wasn't as good either.

The samples below didn't have any ReplayGain or volume reduction applied. "Downmix" is downmixed with the Matrix Mixer (my standard downmix) with "normalize" enabled. Nothing else. The DAN sample had -f 150 -b in the command line. The RockSteady sample used my usual settings. To be honest, the only place where RockSteady seems to fall over to me, is for the speech at around 2 min 30 sec where the background sound comes and goes and has a lot of low frequencies. Other than that, it's not too bad.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by hello_hello; 19th Apr 2019 at 20:44.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I had a play with the audio from Creed 2, and you're not doing anything wrong there as far as compression goes. The background sound in the Creed 2 sample where I heard the speech going up and down is loud and has a fair amount of low frequency content. That seems to effect RockSteady more than the DAN. I honestly don't notice that sort of thing much using my normal RockSteady settings, but the DAN seemed to do a better job on that one (-f 150 in the command line). I tried a lot of different RockSteady settings but still thought the DAN was better. I tried VLevel and it wasn't as good either.

The samples below didn't have any ReplayGain or volume reduction applied. "Downmix" is downmixed with the Matrix Mixer (my standard downmix) with "normalize" enabled. Nothing else. The DAN sample had -f 150 -b in the command line. The RockSteady sample used my usual settings. To be honest, the only place where RockSteady seems to fall over to me, is for the speech at around 2 min 30 sec where the background sound comes and goes and has a lot of low frequencies. Other than that, it's not too bad.

Had a listen to them, thanks for uploading, I have just updated foobar to 1.4.4 beta, I really do not know what is going on, but since I updated it my normal settings that i had are working, i must have done something wrong, saying that it could be something to do with windows 10 as when i got the satisfied settings previously i was using windows 7. so i don't know if that is what is causing the issues, but seems to be going ok so far these were the settings i was originally using i have adjusted calculate rms to 4 and rms window width to 80, seems a good solid setting, i dont apply any replay gain to them i just apply target volume to the files at 84db and it's what i was happy with
    [Attachment 48980 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by circulationds; 4th May 2019 at 13:10.
    Quote Quote