VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for an app that can create video dvds with maximum 10mb bitrate and supports the 1600kbps audio bitrate (i think is only LPCM). Also a good video converter
    with the same abilities.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Also i want the apps to have the ability to stretch at full screen in either 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    avstodvd will allow you to set the bitrate for encoding video to the maximum dvd spec of 9.8. But why you should want to go that high begs the question since even commercial disks usually peak at 6.

You would need a high quality source since throwing more bitrate at low-quality source is not going to make it better.

Same with audio. If you have a PCM source then the same program will use it. But you gain nothing by converting a lossy source to uncompressed.

As to your Q. about stretching 4:3 video to full screen then as John Macnroe would say "You can not be serious"
    Quote Quote  
  4. You had better read What Is DVD where you'll read that "Total bitrate including video, audio and subs can be max 10.08 Mbit/s (10080 Kbit/s)"

So, with an LPCM audio track, your max video bitrate will be much much less than you're asking. All decent encoding and authoring programs can create DVDs making full use of the DVD specs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    avstodvd will allow you to set the bitrate for encoding video to the maximum dvd spec of 9.8. But why you should want to go that high begs the question since even commercial disks usually peak at 6.

You would need a high quality source since throwing more bitrate at low-quality source is not going to make it better.

Same with audio. If you have a PCM source then the same program will use it. But you gain nothing by converting a lossy source to uncompressed.

As to your Q. about stretching 4:3 video to full screen then as John Macnroe would say "You can not be serious"
    I mean i want a program to convert 4:3 to 16:9 aspect ratio without leaving me black borders at the sides of the screen when i play it at 16:9 aspect ratio tv. Most programs do this
    and have black borders on 16:9 aspect ratio videos at all 4 sides when played at 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen tv without the options to turn it at full screen or crop. And i need this
    program to have option to select 1600kbps audio (LPCM or other).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You need to do some SERIOUS reading.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marios Georgiou View Post
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post

I mean i want a program to convert 4:3 to 16:9 aspect ratio without leaving me black borders at the sides of the screen when i play it at 16:9 aspect ratio tv. Most programs do this
    and have black borders on 16:9 aspect ratio videos at all 4 sides when played at 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen tv without the options to turn it at full screen or crop. And i need this
    program to have option to select 1600kbps audio (LPCM or other).
    4:3 video displayed on a 16:9 tv with side borders is the correct way. To have that shown without the borders then you would have to crop lines from top and bottom so you lose detail from the video.

Borders on all sides could be from various reasons and again you would have to physically crop lines. There is no magic program to remove these.

PCM audio is 1536 kbps. There is no such thing as 1600 kbps audio.
    Quote Quote  
  8. https://www.videohelp.com/software/TMPGEnc-Authoring-Works

Does it all. Not free though.
    By 'does it all' I mean will author to the max attributes of the dvd standard.
    Quote Quote