VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some advice on burning DVDs.

I'm trying to put all the videos I filmed on my mobile phone over the years onto dvd. Hardware wise I'm just using a laptop so what ever burning equipment came built in with that. Software wise tho I am using Nero 2015 . I know the package is a bit older now but I started in 2015 and never got round to finishing it off.

I completed several discs using the express feature and completed the burning. The problem comes when I try to play back the discs, they vary in length from 5 minutes to 30 minutes but every one seems to start messing up around 3 mins before eventually completely failing and stopping .

Any ideas why, and how to get round this so I can have perfect playing DVDs?
    Any advice welcomed, thanks for reading
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For burning use imgburn. As for the discs, what brand do you use ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    try avstodvd, if your video is readable by avisynth it should just be drop and go.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the replies, il look into them.

And the discs I am using are signaled dvd rip 8x

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. ** Signalex discs

Made a typo sorry.

Looking at the DVDs i burned tho I see I have used the signalex ones and another supermarket brand DVDs.
    Signalex are poor make discs I believe, I remember they were cheap so I brought them just to use as test discs

What's a good disc to use, what's your recommendations?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best DVD media that is still in production is Verbatim AZO or Verbatim Data Life Plus, but it is hard to find in stores. Verbatim AZO must usually be ordered from online retailers. Verbatim Data Life Plus has never been sold in stores, only online as far as I recall. Any of the good Verbatim media you might find in a store will have the letters "AZO" on the package.

Good Verbatim media looks like this:
    http://www.verbatim.com/prod/optical-media/dvd/dvd-recordable/dvd-r-sku-95101/
    https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-DataLifePlus-PrintableHub-Recordable-94917/dp/B0007NY0VK

The Verbatim media sold in stores is mainly Verbatim's "Life Series", which is lesser quality media that Verbatim buys from other companies and re-brands. If "Life Series" appears on the package, stay away.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Amazon.com has a good price these days on the AZO ones, for 100 at a time:

https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-Branded-Recordable-100-Disc-97460/dp/B003ZDNZT2/

I bought a couple of hundred of them a few days ago. Free shipping.

And ddvids' problem might not be entirely due to his burning software or the type of blanks he's using. I'd begin again, if I were he, and follow dannyboy48888's suggestion to use AVSToDVD.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!