VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. there is a video i have that has a 3D effect that really bothers me. is there a way that i can somehow make the video not 3D? i own a mac
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    A good start is to give some actual information, such as say THE NAME OF THE TITLE, a posted example clip, a MediaInfo text readout...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    A good start is to give some actual information, such as say THE NAME OF THE TITLE, a posted example clip, a MediaInfo text readout...

Scott
    here is a link to the video. i didnt want to include it cause i thought some people wouldn't want to help me because of the content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qutP1HczKFE&t=85s&spfreload=10
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    there is software that will convert the file to 2d
    example is "4d media" converter
    or
    "4videosoft"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    there is software that will convert the file to 2d
    example is "4d media" converter
    or
    "4videosoft"
    i downloaded the software but i'm unsure how it would revert it to 2d, it just wants to make it even more 3d
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What a stupid gimmick.

This is in no way 3D. It is simply a 2D image that has been split in 1/2, each tinted in complementary colors in the manner of anaglyph, and their relative left & right positions switched then combined, maybe squeezing while you're at it.

And no, a "converter" won't know what to do with this crap file. AVISynth could easily fix it though (with probable loss of color).

And most adults could care less about the content's supposed controversial aspects.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    What a stupid gimmick.

This is in no way 3D. It is simply a 2D image that has been split in 1/2, each tinted in complementary colors in the manner of anaglyph, and their relative left & right positions switched then combined, maybe squeezing while you're at it.

And no, a "converter" won't know what to do with this crap file. AVISynth could easily fix it though (with probable loss of color).

And most adults could care less about the content's supposed controversial aspects.

Scott
    the video was made to be viewed on one of those nintendo 3ds things. and i have a mac, so i am unable to download that program.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Any editor that lets you filter in RGB should be able to isolate the two videos. For one video reduce red to zero. For the other video reduce green and blue to zero. You won't get full color back though.

[Attachment 40362 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 40363 - Click to enlarge]

By the way, the video plays differently in different browsers on my computer. In Internet Explorerer i displayed correctly but in Firefox the 3d was messed up.
    Last edited by jagabo; 20th Jan 2017 at 14:19.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fifalwt91 View Post
    the video was made to be viewed on one of those nintendo 3ds things. and i have a mac, so i am unable to download that program.
    Then this thread would likely be better asked and answered in our Mac Forum. Moving it.

Moderator redwudz
    Last edited by redwudz; 20th Jan 2017 at 18:27. Reason: Wrong quote
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Any editor that lets you filter in RGB should be able to isolate the two videos. For one video reduce red to zero. For the other video reduce green and blue to zero. You won't get full color back though.

[Attachment 40362 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 40363 - Click to enlarge]

By the way, the video plays differently in different browsers on my computer. In Internet Explorerer i displayed correctly but in Firefox the 3d was messed up.

yeah, i found that the playback is off on different sites. idk why. also thank you so much. honestly, i don't mind the blue hue i'll get, the 3d filter just hurt my eyes so much, haha. just wanted to get rid of it. my gifs will just have to be tinted blue 😂
    Quote Quote  
  11. You could always reduce the blur/green result to greyscale.
    Quote Quote  
  12. A simple workaround - use the blue+green image, converted to grayscale, as a fake "red" channel.
    In this example, "red" is given a slight contrast boost and a big gamma boost.
    The result is still pretty bad.
    (it's an AviSynth script of course; I have no idea how to make it work on a Mac)

Code:
    ConvertToRGB24
    MergeRGB(
    \   Grayscale.Levels(10, 3.0, 245, 0, 255, coring=false), 
    \   Last, 
    \   Last)
    ConvertToYV12
    [Attachment 40381 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by raffriff42; 21st Jan 2017 at 20:03. Reason: still pretty bad.
    Quote Quote