VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone, first time on this forum, hoping for some answers to my many questions.

First of I film in XAVC-S 25p 50m
    My camera (Sony A77ii)

My editing software is : Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13

I have both DVD Architect Pro 5 and DVD Architect Studio 5.

I wish to burn to DVD, but in Blu Ray format, to get the best result possible.

My questions from the forum are:

What is the best combination of render and burn settings to achieve this?

Should I look at other packages other than the one's that I have mentioned?

On Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 there are render settings for XAVC-S UHD and XAVC-S HD but both my DVD versions say "wrong file type" when I try to burn them, Why?

I look forward to learning from those who know more than me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrisMin View Post
    I wish to burn to DVD, but in Blu Ray format, to get the best result possible.
    So you want to put HD video on a DVD, and be Blu Ray compatible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1. What size blank recording medium do you want to record onto - DVD9, DVD25 or DVD50 ?

2. What type of playback device will need to play your disc?

A standard movie DVD you might buy can only handle standard definition and is playable on both DVD and BD players

A Blu ray (BD) movie will only play on a BD player.

So you need to be a little clearer on want you want to do - on first reading of your post I'm sure many would interpret it as suggesting you want to make a HD quality product on a stock standard DVD5 or 9 ...... not possible unless you mean AVCHD ?
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 64bit ~ Yamaha RX-A1070 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote