VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, dear all.

Recently we got a new version from youtube-dl.

And the DLNow Video Downloader ( GUI for youtube-dl ) is just a little older concerning updates.

Are there some way to use DLNow Video Downloader using the latest youtube-dl version, even if the first one is not so updated that the last one?

If its possible, how to do it?

Thanks for the tips and helping.

PS: DLNow Video Downloader is very interesting to use. Do you point some other good GUI's that can work well with the latest versions from youtube-dl too?

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi!

DLNow puts the youtube-dl.exe file here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DLNow\bin\youtube-dl.exe

You can replace the existing file with the new one.

Note: If you have a MSVCR100.dll error with latest youtube-dl version, download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86):
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=5555
    Quote Quote  
  3. @ Alann

Hello!

Note: If you have a MSVCR100.dll error with latest youtube-dl version, download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86):

But, do I need to to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package or just to find MSVCR100.dll alone around internet and put it on some folder on my PC?

And MSVCR100.dll is located in which folder on Windows?

I liked to use DLNow Video Downloader. And I wish to use such program using the latest youtube-dl version, if it is possible.

Such youtube-dl exe "replacement" newer version on DLNow Video Downloader folder can cause any error or incompatibility between both programs?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  4. You need to download the full Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package from Microsoft website. But you should install it only if you have an error message with MSVCR100.dll, otherwise it's probably already installed on your system.

I don't recommend to download dll files alone on other websites (for security and compatibility reasons).

the MSVCR100.dll is located here:
    C:\Windows\System32\

Using the latest version of youtube-dl.exe is recommended. You will not get any incompatibilities on the contrary it will fix some issues.
    Quote Quote