VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have some content that I wish to de-interlace to progressive so that the interlacing can't be seen when playing back the content.

The part I'm confused about is the frame rate of choice when encoding.

The source is 1080i at 25FPS. Do I encode and de-interlace the source with the output FPS set to 25FPS or 50FPS?

If it helps the source is a blu-ray disc.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    If you scale it down to 720p, you can deinterlace it to 720p50, which would have the advantage to preserve the fluidity of motion. You would then use a deinterlacer which can work in "bobbing" mode (in other words, restore each field to a full frame), like e.g. QTGMC can per default (TDeint and Yadif would work this way in mode=1). 720p50 is compatible to Blu-ray again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Doubling the framerate (25 to 50) is good and recommanded for live things such as concert capture, sports event etc

If your bluray is a simple movie most of the time it is capture as 25 fps which is the original framerate.

I also recommand using QTGMC. It uses a lot of cpu because of the plugins it uses. Try preset medium at first then low to fast or fastest depending on your cpu.
    Quote Quote