VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Have a nice year friends!

I updated to the latest version of PotPlayer and I lost all my settings... and that is s@itty because I have lost many time at the previous version so I can set it up as I want. But even with that, I had export the preset in my previous version... a REG file... I pushed it and import it to my registry but nothing happened!

Please, any ideas?

Thank you in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. please anyone...
    Quote Quote  
  3. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    PotPlayer is updated very frequently (I would even say, too frequently). That, and a quick look at the changelog should tell you something about the amount of bugs in it!
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you for your answer, yes I know about the frequent updates, I was just wondering how to restore my settings, if you can help me please...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Did you have quick installation selected? If so you should not have lost your settings.
    If quick installation wasn't selected then I believe it treats the installation as a new one and overwrites all settings.
    Most settings are not held in the registry but within the program folders itself, which is why importing your registry file didn't change anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure you didn't have the old version 32 bit and install a new 64 bit which will not import the settings necessarily. This can cause an unusual amount of new problems that are not actually problems like AVISYNTH (32 bit) not working with new 64 bit Potplayer, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I had Budman1 the 64-bit version and installed 64-bit again.

darkknight145 but when you want to export all your setting it exports it to this reg file...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Under General in Preferences, there's an option labelled "save settings to ini file". Is it checked? If it is you can still export your settings to a reg file but adding them back into the registry won't do anything.

If that option is checked there'll be a file called "PotPlayerMini.ini" in the same folder as Potplayer. If it exists you can back it up to save your settings too. If it does exist, the "save settings to ini file" option will automatically be checked. If the ini file doesn't exist, it won't be and the registry will be used.

I don't know if that's got anything to do with the problem in this case but it might help for future reference.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Always note the BASIC RULE of computing ... Make a B A C K U P !!!

In preferences, there is a 'export current presets' button'... use it often ... :P
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by illiad View Post
    Always note the BASIC RULE of computing ... Make a B A C K U P !!!

In preferences, there is a 'export current presets' button'... use it often ... :P
    From the OP:

Originally Posted by Balema View Post
    But even with that, I had export the preset in my previous version... a REG file... I pushed it and import it to my registry but nothing happened!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Originally Posted by illiad View Post
    Always note the BASIC RULE of computing ... Make a B A C K U P !!!

From the OP:

Originally Posted by Balema View Post
    But even with that, I had export the preset in my previous version... a REG file... I pushed it and import it to my registry but nothing happened!
    Ahhhhh... so use a *.ini file.. sorry, I am new at using Kmplayer, just quoting the usual 'safety backup stuff' ...
    Quote Quote