VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I don't think I've come across this one, yet.

Sample: https://www.sendspace.com/file/wgt0rj (appears 5 blended frames and 1 progressive frame pattern)

After Bobbing (MeGUI + AVISynth: QTGMC): https://www.sendspace.com/file/w40ki9 (Bob result - 4:2:2:2 pattern)

I think I'm getting the hang of these concepts, at a basic level. I assume this was a 24fps source that for whatever reason they blended every other frame while duplicating every 4th frame?

As such, I'm assuming I could run a script something along the lines of:

<input>
    TDecimate()
    QTGMC()
    Selecteven()

...or something of the sort?

I really appreciate all the support that is offered on this site! You all are always so quick to offer help and do so with patience and without condescension.

many thanks!

p.s. I know often times many offer insights based on what is "quickest" to encode, etc... for the most part, I'm dealing only with Music Videos that are only 4 - 5 minutes in length, so I'm not as concerned with time to encode. I would always prefer the best quality over encode duration.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'll go out on a limb and say it's progressive, with every fourth frame repeated. Normally you wouldn't see any combing if it's progressive, unless the fields are out of phase, and if they are out of phase, normally for progressive video every frame would appear combed, but because every forth frame is repeated you see a pattern of four combed frames and one clean one (I'm seeing a 4:1 pattern, not 5:1).

I think the following script indicates that theory is fairly sound. I don't know if it's the most clever way to do it, but it separates the fields, removes the first bottom field to shift the rest forward by one (or is it the top field?), then puts the frames back together again.

A=DGDecode_mpeg2source("D:\Move On Up.d2v").Separatefields()
    B=A.SelectEven().Trim(1,0)
    C=A.SelectOdd()
    Interleave(B,C)
    Weave()
    TDecimate()

That should give you 29.970 progressive with one in five frames repeated, with TDecimate() at the end to remove the duplicate for 23,976fps progressive.

Mind you a better way to do it would be to use the standard field matching and decimation for removing 3:2 pulldown. That way if the pattern changes the field matching should take care of it, and if there's still the occasional combed frame it'll be de-interlaced.

TFM(order=1).TDecimate()
    Last edited by hello_hello; 4th Jan 2017 at 18:33.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Whoops!! On closer inspection (I was messing around with it at the original resolution on a CRT monitor before), it's still not right after field matching and decimation. If you follow it with something similar to jagabo's suggestion from your previous thread though.....

TFM(order=1, pp=0).TDecimate()
    Spline36Resize(width,288)
    nnedi3(dh=true)
    Spline36Resize(width,480)
    QTGMC(InputType=1, Preset="Medium", EzDenoise=1)

I think that's getting there.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 4th Jan 2017 at 18:55.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Something like:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("Move On Up.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) # deringing
    TFM() 
    TDecimate() 
    Santiag() # or some other antiliaser like AAA()
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Something like:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("Move On Up.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) # deringing
    TFM() 
    TDecimate() 
    Santiag() # or some other antiliaser like AAA()
    ...thanks. Would like to give an antialiaser a go, but having trouble finding a download site for Santiag. The link on the AVISynth page took me to a forum where there is a link to LSharpAAF, which I downloaded, but when I try to call it I get errors...

any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You just need to copy the script in post #12, paste it into notepad, and save it as "santiag.avsi", or whatever you want to call it. MaskTools2 and NNEDI3 are the minimum plugin requirements.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    You just need to copy the script in post #12, paste it into notepad, and save it as "santiag.avsi", or whatever you want to call it. MaskTools2 and NNEDI3 are the minimum plugin requirements.
    Awesome! ...worked perfectly, and I think I like the result of this Script.

Thank you, all!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Note that you can control the strength of the antialiasing. Going a little higher might work better, Santiag(2,2), for example (1 is the default for both).
    Quote Quote