VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

I find Instagram's Boomerang app very interesting and that it auto detects motion and creates a looping GIF for the right duration.

Is there a desktop app that can do exactly that (especially the part on automation)? I can do that in Premiere Pro CC but it is a lot more cumbersome than that app. Want to create super hi-res GIFs using my DSLR rather than limiting to mobile only.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You do realize that gifs only support 255 colors, don't you? You are wasting your time if you think you can get high quality high resolution images in a reasonable sized animated gif.

Awhile back microsoft released a video loop creation tool. I can't remember the name off hand, but it works pretty well. I used it to make this video into a loop.

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, dear all.

Awhile back microsoft released a video loop creation tool. I can't remember the name off hand, but it works pretty well. I used it to make this video into a loop.

@ racer-x: it is the program, VideoLoops?

---> https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-releases-automated-videoloops-video-to-gif-creator/

I failed to find more download links from this program above. Maybe discontinued or restricted to Microsoft website?

Nowadays, which programs are good to edit / create gifs, including gifs from videos sources? Besides Photoshop, of course.

Thanks.

Best regards.

devil ( johner )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I believe that was the program. I downloaded it a few years back.

I create and edit most of my animated gifs with Paint.NET (free image editor) via plugins. "Midora's Animate Images".
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Racer-X, what I meant was GIFV, which is much better quality than GIF. Is there any app that can do that?
    Quote Quote  
  6. GIFV = H.264 inside a custom container -> why not directly use h.264 inside an mp4 container ?
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote