VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I'm brand new here. Coming to see you experts out of desperation.

I just bought an LGP2 for my son for Christmas. He wants to capture gameplay from a Wii U. We bought this because it's supposed to work in "PC Free" mode without hooking it up to a computer. But when we put it in record mode the light just flashes blue, then red, then blue, then it turns solid red and stays that way no matter what. I will take some video to explain better if that helps.

But has ANYONE played with this thing yet? All I can find online is the older version that does not do 1080p or 60fps like this one is supposed to be able to do.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Oh by the way....it DOES work when connected and controlled through a PC. Just not by itself as advertised.

Here is a short video to better explain the situation:

Last edited by jehuie; 29th Dec 2016 at 22:48.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think I just figured it out. The box (in teeny tiny letters) says to use a "Class 10" MicroSD card. Mine is, I think, a Class 4 card. I just ordered a new one so we will see what happens.

Would have been nice if the tech support folks would have maybe suggested looking into that as a possibility somewhere along the line....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Happy New Year jehuie,

WiiU use HDCP protect for some games (Wind Wake is blocked, Mario Kart No), its a Nintendo dependent.

For full capture any console/sat/cable a HDCP splitter stripp is necessary.

Look here for one: HDCP HDMI STRIPPER

Originally Posted by jehuie View Post
    I think I just figured it out. The box (in teeny tiny letters) says to use a "Class 10" MicroSD card. Mine is, I think, a Class 4 card. I just ordered a new one so we will see what happens.

Claudio
    Last edited by Cauptain; 30th Dec 2016 at 08:36.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well, getting the Class 10 MicroSD card did NOT HELP EITHER!

But thank you Cauptain. It's not copy protection that's making it not work though. I've tried capturing the output from several different sources including the HDMI out from a laptop and they all behave exactly the same in PC free mode.

I just can't get it to work. The only thing I can think of is that my MicroSD is a UHS-1 rated card. Maybe I can try a UHS-3 card and see if it makes a difference. This is maddening.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well I got this thing working and it's really quite nice now that it works! I put the fastest MicroSD card that I could find in there and now all is well. The first "Class 10" one I tried I couldn't get to work but I may have done something else wrong. Or it could be that this one is a UHS-3 model which has the fastest available transfer speed. The previous one was a UHS-1.
    Quote Quote