VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some years ago I bought Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 deluxe.

I created DVDs from VHS successfully, but I also managed to produce mpg files.

But I've forgotten how I created the mpg files, and can't find anything in the user documentation to help.

It might come under "Publish .... iPad, iPhone and iPod .... Apple iPad AVC - (high quality)" but there may be other options.

Can anyone assist, please?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know this program but I can not see any 'Publish' option from the user-guide.

Are you sure you used the capture software to create the mpeg >> most can do it as an intermediate step. The 'Advanced Mode' offers some different formats - appears to default to 'DVD Single Layer'. The user guide is not so specific as to what other formats are on that drop-down.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use 'dvdshrink' to select the part you want & save it as vob. Simply rename said (*.)vob to (*.)mpg. Use any of many converters to mp3.

Years ago I would input audio from my vcr to the computer & (use whatever media recorder was in W-98, I forget!) record to wav file, & then convert to mp3, actually, back then, burned to CD (cda). Later converted to mp3. Got a song or two (from movies) by Leonard Cohen that were never on record or CD.
    Cranky Old Man
    Quote Quote