VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Some years ago I bought Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 deluxe.

I created DVDs from VHS successfully, but I also managed to produce mpg files.

But I've forgotten how I created the mpg files, and can't find anything in the user documentation to help.

It might come under "Publish .... iPad, iPhone and iPod .... Apple iPad AVC - (high quality)" but there may be other options.

Can anyone assist, please?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know this program but I can not see any 'Publish' option from the user-guide.

Are you sure you used the capture software to create the mpeg >> most can do it as an intermediate step. The 'Advanced Mode' offers some different formats - appears to default to 'DVD Single Layer'. The user guide is not so specific as to what other formats are on that drop-down.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use 'dvdshrink' to select the part you want & save it as vob. Simply rename said (*.)vob to (*.)mpg. Use any of many converters to mp3.

Years ago I would input audio from my vcr to the computer & (use whatever media recorder was in W-98, I forget!) record to wav file, & then convert to mp3, actually, back then, burned to CD (cda). Later converted to mp3. Got a song or two (from movies) by Leonard Cohen that were never on record or CD.
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote