VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm getting a playback breakup glitch when I access the pop-up Navigation Bar in PotPlayer 64-Bit (1.6.63856) while using madVR (v0.91.4) in fullscreen exclusive mode.

Until recently, only the lavender-tinted madVR Seek Bar appeared when mousing over the bottom of my screen in fullscreen exclusive mode. Now, PotPlayer's Navigation Bar appears, but my screen goes black for a second or longer as the bar renders. The same thing happens when I move my mouse away.

I've made sure that madVR's Exclusive Mode option, ☐ show seek bar, is unchecked, but when it is checked both navigation bars appear, PotPlayer's positioned on top of madVR's. This never happened until or sometime after updating PotPlayer. Just disconcerting, a few black holes in an otherwise seamless playback.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Found a fix?

Thanks,
    M
    Michael Linder
    Currently facing Media Crimes charges
    Quote Quote  
  2. Potplayer also has an Fullscreen Exclusive option under Video in Preferences. It seems to be working, but there's two "enable" choices. Maybe try the other one. The second "slow" option seemed a little glitchy on my PC. A couple of times the player stopped responding to any mouse clicks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The situation keeps changing as I experiment with madVR and other settings. I now get madVR's navigation bar popping up correctly when its exclusive fullscreen is enabled, but I now have lost Potplayer's navitation bar when not in madVR fullscreen mode!

Thanks for your suggestion, hello_hello. But none of the three Potplayer fullscreen mode options fixed what's happening now.

Does anyone know if the choice of Video Decoder affects navigation bar presence, or disappearance?
    Michael Linder
    Quote Quote  
  4. When impossible things happen it's often easier just to reset everything and start again, as it often fixes problems that occur for no obvious reason.
    Potplayer has an Initialise button at the bottom of the Preferences window, and there's a "restore default settings.bat" file in the MadVR folder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I recently switched to madVR for video render and noticed it seems to override some of the features of the skin I'm using, Metro.X. When opened the name and path of the video displays briefly in the upper left and then "Exclusive" displays in the same place, which is new behavior . . . it did neither before. After that all seems OK. I do note there is a temporary hesitation with appearance of the desktop momentarily when the video closes and returns to the PotPlayer logo screen which also was not there before. If one pauses the video the same thing happens.
    I think the madVR renderer uses a lot of system resources compared to others and this may partially be the cause of your issues and mine.
    Using: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, PotPlayer 64 bit version 1.6.63856, NVIDIA GTX 560. I also note there are several postings on this forum and the PotPlayer forum stating madVR does not work with 64 bit Windows and PotPlayer. Since using the madVR video render the playback is simply stunning compared to what it was, so not only does it work, it works excedingly well . . . at least on my machine.
    May I suggest a different skin? I know I don't want to change because I like the one I'm using.
    J
    Quote Quote  
  6. Excellent tips!

I too bought into earlier intelligence claiming madVR did not work with 64-bit Windows 10. With so much outdated Potplayer information on the web, I've learned that date filtering is crucial. And you're absolutely right. Potplayer 64-bit produces stunningly-beautiful video and is significantly more robust with a dramatic reduction in the number of crashes I'd experienced in the 32-bit version.
    Michael Linder
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This isn't a solution to your problem but I am also using Kodi Media Center from the Windows Store. The video players that run on the new Modern UI in Windows 10 deliver excellent video and Kodi is one of them. I find VLC from the Windows Store full of bugs and frequent crashes, the Movies and TV app that comes with Windows 10 drops out and stutters more than it should and it is geared to direct you to MS's movies to download or stream rather than playing what you already have. Kodi for Windows 10 is vastly improved, auto updates whenever Kodi makes one available and I have no problem with crashes as long as you don't try to use it during the invisible update process. To my eye, the video playback is nearly comparable to PotPlayer with madVR. PotPlayer's biggest drawback is that it can be too complicated to customize for the average user. That would be me. Kodi lacks the customization available with PotPlayer but mostly works "right out of the box". Kodi also offers streaming radio from a huge selection of stations in addition to other features.
    As an aside, don't use the auto generated link for Kodi, get it from the Windows store.
    J
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I updated madVR to the latest and note the 64 bit files in the extracted folder. See arrowed below. It does indeed work very well with PotPlayer 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
    Quote Quote