VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Does anyone here use Magix Movie Edit Pro? I've used it for years, but am now at the point where I want to do a little more with my editing and the chopping stop and go during editing playback has made it too hard to continue. I've considered using Sony Vegas, but I wanted to know if other Magix users had the same issues I've had.

When I'm editing a video, I drop video files into the time line so that I can arrange, crop video, add fades and some effects, add titles, and add music. When I'm playing it back to edit particular points, it will stop, skip, lag, and be very choppy while watching it to see where I need to add or change things in the video. The video files I'm using are sometimes large, about 850 megabytes, and others are smaller, about 250 megabytes, and the files types are typically .mp4 and .mov. The larger video files are usually like 5 minutes plus, but I crop most of it out and only use about 4 or 5 seconds of each of the video files. Is it because the files are large that it lags? Even though I crop out the unwanted portion and am only using a few seconds of the video? Should I be cutting the video down to what I need and rendering them to smaller files?

I guess in the past, the files were typically smaller, but the more I record video today, the longer some of the files are and that could be what the issue is. My computer is plenty powerful enough, and I know that isn't the issue. It has to either be the software or video files that are too large.

I'm still very new to editing and am trying to learn. Hoping that this forum is a great source of help.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your opinion that your computer is powerful enough may not cut it. what are the actual specs? an i7 with a high end vid card and at least 3 hard drives? magix was always a lower tier consumer video editing program with glitches and bugs. now that magix bought vegas, movie edit pro will probably vanish. you might check out whether magix offers a 30 day free trial of vegas like sony used to.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    your opinion that your computer is powerful enough may not cut it. what are the actual specs? an i7 with a high end vid card and at least 3 hard drives? magix was always a lower tier consumer video editing program with glitches and bugs. now that magix bought vegas, movie edit pro will probably vanish. you might check out whether magix offers a 30 day free trial of vegas like sony used to.
    I've got an i7 6700 quad core, 16 gb ddr4 ram, 120 gb ssd, 2 tb hdd, AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB, running Windows 10 pro 64 bit system.

I would hate to buy Vegas is it will do the same thing while i'm editing videos.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I own Magix Movie Edit and use it every now that then. I use it for capturing sometimes, and I use it for audio editing/merging quite often too.
    Quote Quote