VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by ciccioschumacher View Post
    Is there a way to make it a real HD?
    As others have said: you must be making a bad joke. That video is not even decent standard definition quality.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can enlarge the frame while keeping sharp, smooth edges. But there's no detail between those edges. People look like mannequins (or worse), everything else looks like plastic, or a bad oil painting. This sort of technique works for cartoons but not well for real world video. Especially the extreme settings needed for badly damaged video.

Code:
    LSmashVideoSource("C:\Users\John\Downloads\F1 1994 Highlights.mp4")
    Santiag()
    QTGMC(InputType=1)
    McTemporalDenoise(settings="low", AGstr=0.0) 
    MergeChroma(last, aWarpSharp(depth=20))
    nnedi3_rpow2(4, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1920, fheight=1080) 
    ColorMatrix(mode="Rec.601->Rec.709")
    aWarpSharp(depth=10)
    Sharpen(0.5)
    Although it's sharper than then original (when both are played full screen) it looks worse overall.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 13th Jan 2018 at 23:29.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you so much, it seemed like a miracle with the highlights of '94! Now I would have a video even worse, and trying that script, I will not solve anything, would you have any advice?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWtwufNcSbY
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ciccioschumacher View Post
    Throw it away.
    Quote Quote  
  5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnyOYHha3fg
    I used the script settings to the maximum, but still it was very blocking and the colors also need to be improved. Can someone help me?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You need to use a deblocking filter to remove blocks. LIke deblock_qed() at very high settings.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks, and for the colors?
    Quote Quote  
  8. A little white balance with ConvertToRGB(matrix="pc.601").RGBAdjust(r=0.96, b=1.13).ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.601"). Maybe turn the saturation down a bit. Convert to rec.709 if you're going to upscale.
    Quote Quote