VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I just bought the Die Hard collection on blu ray, and since I find this collection so precious I want to back up the entire collection. However I have faced problems whilst ripping the supplementary features.

What I have done is used a ripper to extract the files from the disc, so they are all now stored on my hard drive as .mt2s files. From here I have converted them all to mkv files and labelled them accordingly.

Now the actual movie files themselves have no problems whatsoever, I am having an issue with the extra features like the deleted scenes, test footage and files like that. I am facing three problems here.

When I try to view these files on my computer, they are not playing properly in the sense, that the audio is completely out of sync, there are deinterlacing issues, and lots of stuttering. To rectify this I have tried using avisynth with virtualdub but the output from virtualdub has the following issues.

2. aspect ratio different to the source
    3. the outcome from virtualdub is moving much faster as you can tell, but the timestamp is the same.

I have attached both the source and the output from virtualdub to show what exactly what I mean, does anybody know how to fix the resulting file so it is how it should be. I have not included audio in the virtualdub output. I did notice that the framerate or the original is 29.970628, and in virtualdub its 25 fps, but changing this back to 29.970628 made no visible difference. I have fixed the deinterlacing issue with yadif as you'll notice as well.

Thanks in advance
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    a ripper
    Uh oh.....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try Vidcoder. I use it for the main movie and the extras for both BDs and DVD to MKV/H.264/AC-3 backups. No problems with sync or aspect ratio.

And what 'ripper' are you presently using for your problem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I used makemkv. Ok let me try VidCoder and get back to you thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    I did notice that the framerate or the original is 29.970628, and in virtualdub its 25 fp
    My VDub shows 29.97fps after opening the Source.mkv using FFVideoSource. But it is a mess.

How about the original mt2s file? Does it show the problem? Can't you just work directly with that? Can you upload a piece of it? A much smaller piece than your earlier one will do fine, one showing steady movement.

Edit: With a little more work now, this seems to fix it:

FFVideoSource("Source.mkv")
    AssumeTFF()
    SelectEven()
    AssumeFPS(29.97)
    TFM().TDecimate()
    Last edited by manono; 6th Jan 2017 at 14:59.
    Quote Quote