VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for a alternative to Freemake that is like 30% to 40% at encoding videos that has pretty close to the same output quality which free video encode do you recommend?? I like Freemake but encoding all the videos I have with it going will take a long time I just need a video encoder that a good amount faster at encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What do you convert to? You could always try Vidcoder or Handbrake for mp4/mkv with h264/h265 video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
    I am looking for a alternative to Freemake that is like 30% to 40% at encoding videos that has pretty close to the same output quality which free video encode do you recommend?? I like Freemake but encoding all the videos I have with it going will take a long time I just need a video encoder that a good amount faster at encoding.
    You could try what Baldric suggest using the fastest settings, although the video quality might suffer. Also, Handbrake doesn't offer as many output options, nor does it edit video.

However, if you are using a laptop or a low-end desktop to do the encoding, you shouldn't expect software-based encoding to be super fast. Also, a different program isn't likely be dramatically faster using the the same type of encoding (H.264, HEVC, MPEG-2, etc.) and similar encoding settings.

P.S. Your computer details look to be long out of date. Consider editing them to reflect your present system. Current information might come in handy for some questions.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote