VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone!
    Can someone help me with recording and saving mp3 files from Napster? Would be so great! I just want to save a few track on my usb drive so I can listen to music in my car (radio doesn't work and the car is so old, doesn't pay off to buy a new radio...)
    Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Napster is AFAIK a subscription service so it is against forum rules to discuss/assist.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Take a look at recording software. In comparison with downloading you would move in a grey area.
    There are some music streaming recorder who offer this feature. For instance audials tunebite premium.
    http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_internet_radios/start.html
    I'm using that since years and I'm very satisfied with it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. For a bit advanced users, you can use Virtual Audio Cable with some audio recording software (Reaper e.g.). And you will need ASIO4ALL installed.

In Reaper, go to Audio settings and set input to ASIO. Then in ASIO control panel, set input to VAC.
    In the Windows Playback Devices, set default output to VAC.
    Play a song through a web browser.
    In Reaper, Record arm the track and set its input to that where VAC is assigned to. If you left only VAC turned on in the ASIO control panel, this would be In1+In2.
    In Reaper, press record.

These are just a broad instructions. You will probably need some more googling for every step.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You have to check Napster's terms of service and see if they allow you to use Applian's Replay Music program with it. If it is allowed, in the settings you would choose to record in FLAC to preserve quality. Are you sure Napster still exists? What would be the point with Spotify offering a free service?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Here are the Napster Terms and Conditions:

http://us.napster.com/terms

Of particular note:

8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS

... You agree not to (i) reproduce, record, retransmit, redistribute...
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote