VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Everyone. Lately I bought at Walmart very nice 4k Upscaling samsung bluray player BD-JM63 which has many very nice features like built in WiFi, 4k upscaling, smart tv functions (apps), internet browser, streaming of netflix youtube 3d and so on.

[Attachment 39988 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 39989 - Click to enlarge]

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-BD-JM63-ZA-3D-Blu-ray-Player-with-WiFi/44425499

http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/blu-ray-dvd-players/bd...r-bd-j6300-za/

[Attachment 39984 - Click to enlarge]

It supports over usb very many file formats (huge list), can all share android phone.
    The only problem with this player is it can play only bluray A and dvd 1 zones.
    I have bunch of Pal Dvds with free zone mark, but player does not read them by showing such message:

[Attachment 39985 - Click to enlarge]

Cannot play this disc.
    The video format of the disc does not meet required video output format of this product.
    Disc purchased from abroad may not be playable.

[Attachment 39986 - Click to enlarge]

But when you look in file support page, you can find there 24, 25 30 50 60 frames. and also it can read Pal films when recorded on disc as rips or files.

When I open disc tray and press long on Info button it shows such message:

[Attachment 39987 - Click to enlarge]

Version Information
    Front: :BSP-JM63WWM-0010
    S/W: :BSP-JM63WWB-1005.0
    Loader: :BL-J7500-0006
    Region: :A/1 (BD/DVD)
    Model: :BD-JM63-ZA
    Main Touch IC : :BSP-JM63WWT-0010

[Attachment 39990 - Click to enlarge]

As far as I understand current version of firmware is 1005. When I run update firmware, it finds no new firmware, so probably it the latest firmware.

Does anyone had any luck or used any codes in order to unlock this awesome piece of hardware from samsung?
    If so, can you share it with community?
    Last edited by LinuxFun; 20th Dec 2016 at 20:59.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Official firmware will never solve a region issue, Samsung have always been virtually impossible to "hack".....and Blu Ray players in general are virtually impossible to "hack".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well it is very helpfull. Do you know how to install unofficial firmware with hack in it already installed or how to hack device with code in order to jailbreak it from dvd zones?
    How people find all those hacks? Do they use service manuals or some other info from somewhere else?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Firmware and "hacks" are two completely different things.
    As far as "all these hacks"....it's safe to say that unless you bought it from a specialty retailer that deals with "region free" players....there is no hack nowadays. You are about a decade too late to expect to find a hack for a player....especially a Blu Ray player.
    Having grown up in the US I know your pain. You have TWO hurdles in your way....Region AND Video Format(NTSC vs. PAL). Everywhere else only has Region Codes to worry about.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LinuxFun View Post
    Well it is very helpfull. Do you know how to install unofficial firmware with hack in it already installed or how to hack device with code in order to jailbreak it from dvd zones?
    How people find all those hacks? Do they use service manuals or some other info from somewhere else?
    It is doubtful that consumers can buy unofficial firmware for a 4K upscaling Blu-ray player that will make it region free for DVD or Blu-ray. Some Blu-ray players apparently require hardware modifications (chip replacement) to make them region free.

If you want a region free Samsung Blu-ray player, you had better buy one that has already been made region free: http://www.220-electronics.com/samsung-bd-j5700-region-free-blu-ray-player.html Note that region-free for Blu-ray is an option costing an additional $40
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Dec 2016 at 10:47. Reason: corrected link and added Blu-ray region free cost
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote