VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    A WARNING for anyone downloading the software "321 DVD COPY PLUS", just be careful - it's not free and credit card details will need to given. It is $US39.95.

The demo offer is not available, however there is a money back guarantee as a 30-DAY risk free trial available. BE WARNED – You have to pay for it first on SHIPPING only! DOWNLOADING IT, NO MONEY BACK.

To purchase the DVD Copy Plus software is at your own risk – better use this web site’s VCDHelp software. It is free.

If you have any questions on DVD Copy Plus, just click this

http://www.copymydvd.com/faq.htm#15

BE CAREFUL
    Quote Quote  
  2. Go Back to your crack pipe CJGS
    you seemed to have missed all the action
    BE CAREFULL !
    what a joke! you should learn how to read the previous posts first
    Congratulations Vassago242 on your mature viewpoint.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by copyourdvd
    Go Back to your crack pipe CJGS
    you seemed to have missed all the action
    BE CAREFULL !
    what a joke! you should learn how to read the previous posts first
    Congratulations Vassago242 on your mature viewpoint.
    Don't be so rude, you ******!

The DVD Copy Plus is so deceptive on their web-site. I am just warning to careful there. They are suggesting free download, in fact it isn't free. People are going to be ripped off. I am not going pay them a cent without any proof.

Downloading something is a risk at a cost.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Errrr......Hang on a minute.... I cant believe that you think people on this forum are so stupid Do you honestly think that signing in under three different names to give supportive comments to your product is helping your case ???? In case you didn't realise, the number of posts you have ever made is displayed for all to see under the user names. It doesn't take anyone with an ounce of intelligance to see that "321 Studios" "Copyourdvd" and "vassago242" are the same person.
    Take a hint....quit slimeing round this thread and go back to your fictitious little world of "Free tech-support", "Money back guarantees" and "Consumer Support" You have convinced NOONE...............
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well in that case you are stupid... more so than first realised... I am not someone else...Get a life!
    Quote Quote  
  6. License agreement ????........
    Quote Quote  
  7. copyourdvd, I don't think anyone here has a problem with a company making a product and selling it, and giving support for it, but what you don't seem to get is NOBODY likes being cheated! you are NOT making a product, you are RIPPING off someone ELSE's hard work! and you are making a profit out of someone else's program.

If your company MADE a product themselfs, by all means, we have no agenda against that! but selling FREEWARE and without even asking for the Author's permission, is absolutly disgusting!
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  8. @copyourdvd: Are you sure we shouldn't get your mamma right away. It seems to me that crying is all you have left. You defended your product, and realized you lost. Then you moved on to throwing dirt at us, without even answering our questions. What should we expect when you can't even defend your own product? Go cry out, and admit you ripped people off.
    Quote Quote  
  9. OK guys! my company is an affiliate of 321 just as Tucows is ... they have the same download on there sites as we do... so no use in pointing the stick at me...
    here is a link to prove it http://tucows.ihug.co.nz/mmedia/preview/259306.html
    Tucows even gave it a five cow rating... and I have only provided a download link. ie. www.copyourdvd.com which is one of my sites... its not owned by 321. Now I know your going to say well you shouldnt be supporting a product that is in your opinion freeware. Well I still think that for a person that is new to this technology that 321 have put a nice suite together...lets face it it is a good solution just as dvd2svcd may well be..but even in this forum I see lots of problems with dvd2svcd software and people needing support. At least 321 give support in more ways than 1 including live support during the day rather than having to post msg's on a forum to get support. No wonder Tucows gave them a high rating for support. In principal I agree with Sefy that one shouldnt rippoff someones goods and sell it as there own, but they (321) are not selling the software as there own. The programs are fully intact and all they are doing is providing a suite with support and instructions on how to etc... Hey I was'nt smart enough to do what they have done and niether have you... so lets not knock it and think, well if they can do it why not you... You all think you know it all and probably do know much more than most from being involved in this area. So lets see you guys put a package together that can be marketed to the masses. Get out of the poorman mentality and see what you can come up with... I will be first to start selling it when and if you do as there is a need..and at present 321 is winning the stage. There is no room for jealousy just come up with something better . BTW my name is Paul
    Quote Quote  
  10. BTW sorry about the spellers :)
    Quote Quote  
  11. You just don't get do you. 321Studios is violating the freeware programmers rights by charging for it. Now, this his nothing to do with jealousy this is a simple fact. Now, my program has been downloaded by more than 50000 people from one of my mirrors ( http://www.ultimate-links.de/index.php?showcat=34 ). Now, take a look at the various FREE forums like VCDHelp, Doom9 and the German Ultimateboard. Do you see 50000 posting problems. I think not. But can 321studios prove that 250000 people have bought their simple guide. I think not! Now, if I were to charge money for my program, then all this would probably be jeaslousy, but I am not, and I wont. People can donate if they want but I have never demanded any charge what so ever and I never will. It is and will be freeware. As I said in the beginning this issue is about violating the rights of freeware programmers. And it would not suprise me that 321studios "new" one click program would be my program they start selling. They have proved that they have no moral whatsoever.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi Paul,

I'm glad to hear 321 are giving support for their products, but as the minimum courtesy, they should have asked the authors of the programs they are using for the permission of distributing and SELLING, cause you may think: "we are not selling 'their' programs, we are selling 'our' program"

But to include a program, even Internet Explorer which is free, you must have a written permission from good ol Microsoft, even though you can download it for free.

Those authors are those who did the REAL work, the DVD Copy Plus is just a frontend, good or not good, it is, in essential a FRONTEND, a shell, much like VCDEasy and TSCV, but those programs are free, AND they do alot more then just a frontend!

THAT is IMHO the reason why people are are irritated and rightfully pissed at 321 Studies, cause because of companies like that, the REAL developers are not willing to continue their work, because someone else is making money off of their program which they clearly state should NOT BE SOLD!

If 321 Studio wants to show some courtesy, they should do one of the followings:
    1) ASK for permission from the authors!
    2) REMOVE the freeware programs from their package, and provide links for downloading
    3) PAY royalties to the TRUE authors of the programs!

IF they are a serious company, they will consider the points i've made, I think that is the minimum they should do.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  13. Well Paul, at least you've stated your position. It makes a refreshing change to have someone face up to criticisms like this, even if your audience are unhappy about your motivations.
    Quote Quote  
  14. 321 studios website

you can BURN your own DVD Video using nothing more than our interactive software application and your CD-R.
    Taking undue credit for aplications they neither wrote or own.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Here's another funny thing from 321studios FAQ
    Q: Is DVD Copy Plus illegal?
    A: 321 Studios respects the rights of artists and film companies, and the proper use of DVD Copy Plus does not violate those rights. It is legal to make copies of DVDs you own for your personal use. You cannot copy DVDs in order to sell or give away copies, or for any commercial purpose.
    Now, why the hell do they sue the same companies that they say they respect, as their fake newsrelease claims?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi Sefy and dvd2svcd
    For starters I am not 321 and cant make any descission on there behalf, however I will pass your comments on should they not see them before hand. The have been told the new oneclick is being developed by Russian programmers for 321 exclusively. So I doubt they will be using or copying dvd2svcd. As for permissions to use the programs.. hmm well I am told that VCDeasy has given them full support , and I will assume at this stage that they will have something sorted for the other 2 mentioned. Lets wait and see and not jump on something we dont know about. I dont understand why you want to keep your software etc as freeware .. how do you make a living ? Its hard enough to make a dollar on the web as it is ... the .com failures over the last year has been somewhat disappointing to see. I still think its great that 321 is taking action to make it legal to do backup . Then and if that happens you will see a rash of big companies producing software that will not be freeware. How about telling me an unbiased impression ... is the suite that 321 offers regardless that it comes from them or somewhere else, a good suite of programs?
    You will need to be critical about each one to be fair.
    Quote Quote  
  17. PC world have written this DVD Copy Controls Head to Court

Small software firm challenges digital copyright law, tries to assert the right to backups.

Tom Spring, PCWorld.com
    Tuesday, April 23, 2002

check out

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,96064,00.asp

Amazing how this ripp off scam gains "credability" maybe myou should email PC world as well as Tucows
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hi Paul,

I understand you are not 321 Studio, but since you are in a way representing them here, that's why people reffer to you as a presenter of them, my apology if i've sounded as accusing you for anything, I am accusing 321.

As for the new 1 click, will see when it comes out, I won't make judgement on it untill I see it.

As a Beta Tester for VCDEasy, i'll email them and ask if they agreed to it, as for the other two programs, they should consider the points I made to you on the previous post of mine.

As for the authors right to keep the program as freeware, well, I can't answer for them, but i'll tell you what I think, without Open Source the PC community will not evolve, people will not learn from each others knowledge, and the PC will be stuck in the same stage, same reason why i'm of those who would like to see Microsoft take a fall, because of Windows the PC community is stuck in bug-hell with an unstable software which doesn't take advantage of latest hardware.

And yes, I agree, it's great to see someone trying to make DVD Backups into legal, but doing it using ILLEGAL ways, is totaly out of the question and I believe will jeopordise the main thing they are trying to accomplish.

As for an unbiased impression, I won't be able to comment, as i'm of those who like to have full control over my process, so I'll know what goes bad, and where, and that I can do my own optimizations.

I will also not comment on an illegal software which is no more then a shell

You think writing the guide is easy ? my fingers still hurt from having to do the whole guide from scratch because of a partition loss, i've got over 250 images on the latest guide, loads of textual descriptions, and yet, i'm not making my guide for a fee, i'm making it cause I want to give back some of the experience i've learned from the great people on these forums, and when they learn from me, maybe they can even improve and teach others and myself something new.

THAT is how the PC community evolves and does not stay behind, if we all think about money, well, will be losing our honour, and i'm not willing to do so for money, if you are, or if 321 Studio is, well, that is your rights.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi Paul,

Mind explaining this: "DVD Copy Plus doesn't copy any of a DVD's extra material, like subtitles and bonus clips. 321 Studios did not create the software that performs the actual copying, but uses tools "freely available" on the Internet, Moore says. That's another reason he believes the company does not violate the DMCA."
    The way I see it, is "321 Studios" are making sure that they can't lose the trial by putting the blame on the "freely available" tools, so the program itself isn't breaking the law BUT the program it USES do break the law! ?? so that means the DMCA and MPAA are now going to go after the authors who create those "freely available" tools.

Am I the only one thinking that this is what may happen ? what do you say about that Paul ? can you have an official comment from 321 Studios ?

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  20. Thanks Sefy..:) and yes I appreciate your efforts and I am sure that goes for the rest of the group. The News report on PCworld is quite good as it does explain the facts .. ie 75,000 sold and it uses freely available software. And it does offer a good argument for the cause.

I do agree that PC development is reliant on guys like yourselves doing the work... just as it always has been. I am not against freeware, I use it myself and I am glad that its available... so I am not downing you guys for offering your efforts for free. However I dont think there is any loss of honour in selling a product. Even dvlab has changed its business model to keep its site going and stopped freedownloads of dvdx etc. I am against people who spam mail offers for guides like Sefy's and charge the punters big and run...321 at least is not running. I have not seen the latest Sefy manual... but will look forward to reading it.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi Sefy
    Geez I cant do that (make an official opinion)... I am only the little guy in New Zealand.
    I see your point but that has always been the case.. otherwise why is the owner of dvdx no where to be found... he obviously doesnt want to be because of danger of litigation. It will be interesting to see the outcome. Maybe we should all sign the petition on the 321 site.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi Paul,

Yes, i've seen that dvlab has started charging for enterance, and i've already contacted him about putting the guide as free access, as I do not approve of people needing to pay just to view the guide.

I understand him, because maintaining a webpage takes alot of money and efforts and time and patience, so it's his right, he is not charging for the programs or the guide in essense, he is charging for the entrance to his page.

There is no loss of honour selling programs, I have no problems there, but it is dishonour to sell a product that includes the hard work of others, without even asking to compensate those authors, which without them, the "shell" or "gui" or what you would like to call the program, wouldn't even be working.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  23. hehe... you know what's funny?

I started this thread because I simply wanted to know if the prog. was any good...

and now it's all this...

But it's great that so many have so much to say about this stuff...

And I certainly got MY answer.

Thanks guys
    Quote Quote  
  24. Well I got suckered into buying this program. Lucky I read the fine print and ordered it for mail delivery. Then I read these comments the same day I ordered, so now I am trying to cancel the order.

I will let you all know if I am successful in cancelling the product and getting my money back.

I guess I need to do lots of research on a product before I buy it. For example:

1. Look to see if there is active and extensive tech support (FORUMS, Email, Phone calls, etc.)

2. Look to see if others have given it a good rating via lots of reviews, but temper this with new user nieveness (bitterness).

3. make sure I use a protected credit card always, so I can make a legitamit refund claim.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mine is just a Trial Version

Originally Posted by poopyhead
    Originally Posted by susie
    My copy is around 15.9 Megs in size.
    hrm...don't tell me u actually paid money for it? it's basically freeware you can download for free....did you let them fool u?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "There's a sucker born every minute"

P. T. Barnum - or so they say !

While there are people out there prepared to part with their $$$$ for what is free....... I am pleased to offer "Air in a can"

What is it you ask - well............ pure fresh AIR !! - sorry no demos
    VISA accepted - no mastercard

Quote Quote  
  27. In that case, i'm gonna join the trend, and i'll sell Holy Water, from the Holy Land of Israel

I accept cash only

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  28. wut goes around comes around...

there are already *cough* cracks of all the stupid copy your dvd suites all online, there's no need to pay them anything if u insist on using it...serves them right for charging money for using other ppl's freeware, now they get to have ppl use their "program" for free..heh
    Quote Quote  
  29. Indefinite Intentions...

If I understand correctly, 321 is basically saying that they are selling a 'front end' to a 'distribution' of freeware products, right? Well, I seem to remember that every freeware product I have downloaded as a result of finding them here on VCDHelp.com has included specific instructions. Some include a README.TXT file that warns that the software should not have been sold as part of any package. Others, as part of the End User License Agreement, specify that no one is allowed to distribute the software FOR PROFIT without contacting the authors of the software for permission to do so. It seems rather obvious that 321 has ignored those terms, disclaimers and warnings which would prohibit its activity. The point made above by Sefy is most accurate - if 321 is truly only selling their own 'front end', then that and a note directing their customers how and where to download the individual freeware programs should be the only thing in their 'package'. Including other people's work as part of their distribution is simply not legal, despite claims of intended convenience. Likewise, phrasing their promotional materials to make it seem as if those 'freely available' tools are integrated within their own product is highly inappropriate. Programs like VCDEasy and DVD2SVCD make it very apparent at every stage of their presentation, documentation and implementation that the individual freeware products CAN be used seperately, WITHOUT the front end at all. Somehow I doubt that 321's product ever makes that clear.

Clatu Verata Nicto,

Akai Rounin, The Cyber Sage
    Quote Quote  
  30. Well, we'll hopefully soon see what 321 Studio has to say for themselfs.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote