VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. @leera2: Great idea, I recommend that we all do so. I have mailed them too now. The more mails they get, the more likely it is that they pull it off again.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've notified them too. I wonder when 321Studios is going to show us some proof?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Nice one folks I'm a great believer in taking direct action as well, my email is on its way....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well Mr-321 is online right now....
    Everyone is waiting to here your defense statement ???
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well well, I just got a mail from Dion Cini, the spokesman from 321studios. All he said was that 321studios was making "321 DVD Copy Plus". So, I still wonder why both "copyourdvd" and "321Studios" both defends their shitty scam, being both from the same company. Is there no level of their stupidity?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For those who this blantant rip-off irritates, use the link below to rant and rave at tucows:

www.tucows.com/contactus.html

Or yell at 321 Studios Directly:

mailtoupport@321studio.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. AWWW.....maybe we should lay off the "poor" guy, he's probaly too busy counting up his money
    I was thinking maybe Sefy should start charging for his newbie guides Afterall, I was a pretty clueless newbie before I first stumbled across those. There really wasn't that much else around that a total beginner could easily get to grips with.
    Btw - DVD2SVCD - Are you the originator of the dvd2svcd prog, or is it just a username that you chose ??? Just curious
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd bet that anyone whe has been hanging around this site for more than a few months owes somthing to Seffy. His guides are IMHO the best around for the begginer....

So three cheers for Seffy !

HURRAH

HURRAH

HURRAH
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yeah I gotta admit I feel bloody guilty when I read the thread on the Sefy/Pinoy newbie guides. Guys your updates are appreciated, most of us couldn't have learnt any of this stuff without your FREE and UNBIAST advice.... Keep up the good work.
    p.s. I think the only reason more people dont reply in that thread of yours is because we lack creative ideas for what you should come up with next.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hmm, those 321 DVDRipoffPlus guys seem so oily, it almost makes you want to file an amicus curiae brief - on behalf of their opponent!
    As Churchill famously predicted when Chamberlain returned from Munich proclaiming peace in his time: "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war."
    Quote Quote  
  11. Wow, guys, thanks! that is very much appriciated! i'm sure I speak for both me and pinoy, we just want to help you guys out, and when you run into a trouble using our guides, we want to make them easier for you, so any feedback, even the minor one will help us make the guides more understandable for you

Oh, and don't worry, I don't plan on charging, it's my way of saying thank you to VCDhelp, cause everything I know, is from the wisdom of those who shared it on the forums, i'm just giving a little back in return for what I know.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yeah, my thanks goes out to you guys too. Without the guides I started to read about 1½ years ago (I think the first guide to SVCD I read was MilliniumBugs guide) I would never have been able to make dvd2svcd.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Just in case anyone still wants to download or check it out, here is the actual download page:
    http://www.shopnz.co.nz/download_copydvd.htm
    Quote Quote  
  14. dvd2svcd, are you the author of the program ? I was asked to add it to the guide, and I would like your permission to do so, that is, if you are the author

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  15. Yeah, I am the author. And please feel free to do so, you need no permission from me. You know dvd2svcd is just a smart frontend, no more no less
    Quote Quote  
  16. Guest
    Yeah I also have to admit the guides on this site are pretty good, I think Sefys VCD guide was the first I used which was very good for a beginner as it has lots of pics. Bit of a shame to see people ripping of other peoples work like these 321 idiots. Just out of interest has anyone actually brought this product and can 100% confirm it is a rip-off.?
    Quote Quote  
  17. I think I confirmed it pretty much in a former post in this thread.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Too funny. I went to the link I posted and actually downloaded and unzipped the program. The program extracts to an .exe file that you run. It immediately wants a license id or serial number along with a password, or you can press a button to pay for one. I stopped it and looked at the extracted tree structure and noticed a \tools folder. I opened it and saw SmartRipper, Dvdx18, and VCDEasy in compressed forms. I extracted each. Now all I have to do is follow their dccopy.htm instructions and I can use their lame product for free like it should be. All they have done is create an installer that contains 3 freeware programs and an .exe file of their own that makes you pay. Duh! I think everyone should exploit this and email them about how we are ripping them off just like they are trying to do to everyone else! What do you think?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    heheh, Mr. 321 edited his message, leaving only a news clip link.
    Quote Quote  
  20. OK here are some of the names listed under Our Team on the 321 site let's send them e-mail to let them know we DON'T LIKE RIP OFF's. I just the same thing as Monster.....let's flood their accounts.........
    this stuff is all FREE..............

Our Team

wbphillips@321studios.com
    dcini@321studios.com
    jmohr@321studios.com
    david@321studios.com
    Quote Quote  
  21. It would be interesting to see if 321Studios would take someone to court if that someone uploaded "their" product for free download on some website?
    Then things really would get interesting...
    Quote Quote  
  22. That news article is probably bogus as well.....Any old fool can cook up a press release and submit it to the media. I can't believe this fool would try to assert his legal right to back up media using an illegal means.....
    Quote Quote  
  23. @Monster: Yeah, but it really makes me wonder how they managed to make the download file a whopping 15.9 mb. I guess that's just another fact in the massive stupidity of 321studios
    Quote Quote  
  24. dvd2svcd, thank you for the permission, and i'd also put your name in the Special Credits as you deserve it, creating a program, even "just" a frontend, is not an easy task i'm sure, and making it free, that gives you big thumbs up

The reason i've put up the Special Credits page (if anyone even reads it) is to give all the authors of the programs in the guide the appropriate credits they deserve for the hard work and time they put into their program.

Unlike 321studies which rip off other people's hard work, and dare charge money for it!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  25. personally I think this whole thing is a publicity stunt. (false press release and some news organizations got duped). Tons read the news and many have never heard of vcdhelp.com or doom9.org, etc. So they wouldn't know any better. The included versions are Smartripper 2.41, VCDEasy 1.09 which are the latest...but gee whiz DVDx1.8a has been out for a while now and they include DVDx1.7.

People who are ignorant I guess deserve to get screwed over. Problem is that people who buy it will be less than impressed with the quality and in general have a warped perspective of what actually is possible. Oh well, to each his own.
    Quote Quote  
  26. For those of you, who haven't mailed Tucows, here's their answer on my "feedback"...

Well we will have this application re-reviewed right away. Maybe it doesn't receive enough points to remain listed? We will only know after the review

Thanks again

--
    Sincerely,

Tucows Helpdesk
    Looking forward to see their re-review (hopefully removal) of this crap! 8)
    Quote Quote  
  27. The legal angle to this issue is far more important than the fact the software is also around as freeware.. if you want to go and find it
    Also the online support that they give is worth a lot to people who dont know what they are doing. I personally think you guys that are knocking it are doing yourselves a diservice... in the long run they can only help the cause.. BTW they do have a new version coming up that will be a one click solution and is almost finished.. completely new not a freebie and should be out in a few weeks. Stay cool and use whatever you think is right for you. If you want to have the online service then get your programs from www.copyourdvd.com . Complaints to Tucows are BS .. Seems to me that we should be helping the promotion of such programs in the effort to win the case thats now all over the news.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the issue is that they are selling programs that are freeware. They do not have patents nor do they own the liscence to these software packages, and I'll add this....Online help is what Vcdhelp.com is all about, and its all free
    Quote Quote  
  29. Errr hello...... is this website not a type of online support ???
    Now lets roughly translate that appeal of yours into laymans terms

The legal angle to this issue is far more important than the fact the software is also around as freeware.. if you want to go and find it
    Also the online support that they give is worth a lot to people who dont know what they are doing. I personally think you guys that are knocking it are doing yourselves a diservice... in the long run they can only help the cause.. BTW they do have a new version coming up that will be a one click solution and is almost finished.. completely new not a freebie and should be out in a few weeks. Stay cool and use whatever you think is right for you. If you want to have the online service then get your programs from www.copyourdvd.com . Complaints to Tucows are BS .. Seems to me that we should be helping the promotion of such programs in the effort to win the case thats now all over the news.
    I couldn't agree more, the legal angle is important to this so show us your license agreement......We're waiting......
    By the way, anyone who uses software for creating illicit personal copies is fully aware of the laws they are breaking. This doesn't mean that a code among thieves does not prevail. When you start charging for other people creations you break from communal bonds and succumb to greed like the institutions you condemn....If I were you, I'd just be shamelessly honest and admit that you were out to earn a few bucks. At least that way you retain some credibility.......
    The only thing that puzzles me is the fact that you entertained defending your product. Either you genuinely believe the stuff you are saying or you made a mistake which has probably now lost you revenue. Either way, its great to see a facelesss spam artist answer his critics for once.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    DVD copy plus does include freeware!!! - But that’s not the point.

I purchased their "product" back in Feb. I’m very skeptical about purchasing ANYTHING from an email, but when I read more they offered a toll free number and money back guarantee, so I went for it. I didn’t know shit about making a copy of a DVD. Yes, I got the freeware (I didn’t know about any of the programs before the purchase), but more importantly I got the support. I called their tech support on several occasions and was assisted with the configuration of the programs. That's a huge point people! It’s obvious that DVD copy plus is not for advanced users; it's a program that helps newbies get started.

Should we be attacking the only company that has the balls to protect our 1st Amendment rights? I hate those pop-ups on Kazaa and Morpheous, but I deal with it because I understand the big picture. Everyone needs to make money and I’m sure that fighting the music Industry doesn’t come cheep. I respect anyone who fights to protecting my rights.

Wasn’t it sad when Napster fell? I did my part to save it. I wrote and called my senator and representatives about the issue. I urge everyone else here to consider viewing this issue in the same light.
    Quote Quote