VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i am making a game for our grand kids with our old 8mm film converted to dvd's i have edited all the video and now want to make a dvd or computer format interactive game.
    id like them to have to watch a vid then answer a question from that vid and then it takes them to another video. sort of like those chose you own adventure stories

I hope you get what i am talking about

like i said all my videos are edited and ready i just need something to put it into an interactive format with menus to make choices
    i have dvd lab pro and am trying with it, but if there is a better way id like to know

ty Dave
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to use a DVD player, DVD authoring is your only option.

If you want something for a computer, the only things I could find which might be good for casual consumer use are IndigoRose's Autorun MAX! 2.4 and Digital Workshop's Opus Creator, which both have free trials. Adobe Director, AutoPlay Media Studio, and Opus Pro are probably more than you want to deal with and too expensive.

Someone else may know more about this area. I just did a little browsing with a search engine.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. It is actually not bad at all to do it within DVDLabPro. Like in this tutorial, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcvpTTGc_7s someone ask me similar question then, how to create a menu with possible jumps back to the different parts of movie.
    You perhaps create always different movies and jump between them but I guess it is better to render the whole thing (movie) only once and create virtual titles as one and then jump into chapters, like that video explains. Or not one but as little as possible. Also you can place jumps from chapters back to menus or other menus (within a title), you can create command onto chapter (not explained there).
    Quote Quote