VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There was a fan edit of the phantom menace called "The Phantom Edit" . its dvd quality and interlaced so I was wanting to make the same cuts with the bluray version of the movie but when i looked at the .vob files they where 29.97 fps while the movie is 23.976. I used Adobe media encoder and converted it to 23.976 fps but when I sync the 2 files in premiere pro cc 2017, they will slowly drift apart. Im trying to use the audio of "The Phantom Edit" as he had some music changes and blended tracks together at the cuts he made.
    Thanks
    Last edited by wesleyandrews; 15th Dec 2016 at 17:38.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try to IVTC the vob to 23.976. Slow down movie from 24 to 23.976 to match. (Or slightly speed-up IVTC's vob to 24)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Try to IVTC the vob to 23.976. Slow down movie from 24 to 23.976 to match. (Or slightly speed-up IVTC's vob to 24)
    vlc shows the bluray and my converted vob to both play at 23.976024
    Quote Quote  
  4. There's no guarantee the Bluray and DVD versions are exactly the same. If they're edited slightly differently the audio won't stay in sync even if the frame rates are the same. It only takes an extra frame at a scene change here and there.... that sort of thing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Correct numbers are 30000/1001 and 24000/1001 and in such way they need to be expressed.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen bluray and DVD cuts of the same film do that. Part of it is on purpose to deter pirates from pasting the non cinavia DVD audio with a bluray cinavia video. You may have to manually cut frames out periodically on the movie ( probably at scene changes) to maintain A/V sync
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    They are including cinavia on dvd for the same reason so audio can't be replaced.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote