VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am attempting to make my new Panasonic region free using the hack shown here: https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/panasonic-dvd-s700/12418

While I do have the other Panasonic remote that is needed, from my DMP BD55 Blue-ray player, I have run into something that I am not sure if it will be a problem. The remote that came with the S700 also operates the BD55. In fact the BD55 remote operates the S700. Will this hack still work using the BD55 pause button? If not what should I do? Also, is there a way to know if the hack took? No matter what button I push on the S700 remote after powering on and opening the DVD draw I get an error message saying 'this operation is not available'. There is no visual display on the S700 and I will not have a region 2 disc for about another 10 days.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since you're dvd player is new there's a good chance that the hack no longer
    Works dvd players are getting harder and harder to make region free.
    And the other issue is can your TV display PAL output.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Since you're dvd player is new there's a good chance that the hack no longer
    Works dvd players are getting harder and harder to make region free.
    And the other issue is can your TV display PAL output.
    Thanks for replying. The S700 has a built in NTSC to PAL and PAL to NTSC converter so that should not be an issue. Also, it is not a new model so unless Panasonic updated the firmware to get rid of the hack that should not be a problem either.

My concern is pertaining to the remotes, and the error code, I posted about.
    Quote Quote