VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I muxed an M2TS to MKV (H.264 1920x1080, PCM 1536 kBit/s), and both the M2TS and the MKV run too slow when playing them back. It feels like 20% slower than is usually should. I conclude it from the high video bitrate of ~12000 kBit/s + the PCM. My notebook hardware should be good enough to handle it:

Intel Core i5-5200U (2 x 2.7 GHz - no hyper-threading)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 840M (DDR3 2 GB)
    8 GB RAM

I configured it so, that the graphics card runs the videos instead of the Intel HD Graphics 4400. The Haali Media Splitter for x64 Windows 10 is active while watching it with Windows Media Player and the hardware acceleration (from "Windows 7 Codec Pack - windows7codec.com" is on, too.

Neither the CPU or GPU isn't any busy while play-back, but I can think of a better result when trying a desktop PC CPU or a GDDR5 GPU.

What do you think could be the problem? Or is it usual?
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. Is it constantly 20% too slow or varying from scene to scene? Is there a chance you muxed with the wrong fps setting?
    2. Try a different player, e.g. MPC-HC and VLC.
    3. Try different video and audio renderer.
    4. Try turning off hardware decoding.
    5. Is the file interlaced? Try different deinterlacer or with deinterlacing turned off.

Upload a sample. (DGSplit on m2ts)
    Last edited by sneaker; 4th Dec 2016 at 05:49.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, it is constantly too slow. I don't think that I have muxed it wrong. Just put the file to mkvmerge and it did everything automatically for me. There are only very minor settings. I tried VLC, it shows the same problem. Can you help me to find DGSplit? I'm unable to find a proper download link. Every link redirects me to dgsplit.org, but the website is dead.

First I will try to convert it to MP4 and look whether it's faster or the video usually is that slow.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with some terms you mentioned (not a native English speaker), but I've seen this screenshot when I googled for "interlaced":

I could see it on my MKV too, but not that intense (actually I don't really know if this one is looking like interlacing):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.png
Views:	134
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	39801

Whether it also occurs at the M2TS, I will tell you in a few minutes, because I have to re-rip the file from my Blu-Ray again. But the M2TS itself shouldn't be interlaced or manipulated whatsoever, because it's just an untouched rip, but runs too slow also.

EDIT: I noticed, that my video is 3:38 minutes. It thould normally be 3:29. The disc case says 3:29. Something must have happened at the ripping. So it's the file... A conversion to MP4 results in the same lenght. How can I get it back to the originally designated playback time?
    Last edited by draig-llofrudd; 4th Dec 2016 at 06:22.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I found the solution. The clip was recorded in 25 FPS and I've ripped them to 24 FPS. Now I know how to fix that.
    Quote Quote