VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got a video from torrent that is 95.3% downloaded. It won't download further unless a seeder comes on-line (not likely).
    The video is 80 minutes, so simple math says that about 4 minutes of the video are missing. I know from past experience that the missing part likely will be split into several (approximately) one minute parts, randomly distributed throughout the video.
    I played the first few minutes of the video with vlc and didn't run into any problems. Obviously, though if I played the video further, it would eventually freeze when it comes to a missing part.
    My question is:
    1) Are some software players better than others when dealing with this kind of situation. If so, what software player is best?
    2) Is there some kind of software that will automatically delete the missing parts, then join the remaining sections to form a video that will play through with any software player?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could try opening it with MKVMergeGUI and remuxing it as a new MKV. Checking the log file for warnings might even tell you where the missing bits are, but with any luck it'll output a file most players will play from start to finish, although there'd still be likely to be sections where video isn't decoded correctly due to missing information. You can only try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My experience has been that It really depends on what format it is. FLV will play with potplayer for example and skip the missing parts. MP4 will not play on any player I know until it is finished because of the way all parts (atoms) are inter-related to each other. Other formats will be possible and not also.
    Quote Quote