VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anonymous4353
    Hi,
    The combination of StaxRip, Cuda, x264, Nvidia GT 610, driver 373.06 leads to below error message. Hours of deinstalling, installing and updating drivers didn't have any positive effect. Does anyone have a clue if it is worth investing more time in it? According to nvidia's webpage, the card supports cuda.

Error Encoding using NVEncC 2.07 x64

Encoding using NVEncC 2.07 x64 failed with exit code: 1 (0x1)

The exit code might be a system error code: STATUS_WAIT_1

The exit code might be a system error code: Unzulässige Funktion.

No GPU found suitable for NVEnc Encoding.

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: Encoding using NVEncC 2.07 x64 failed with exit code: 1 (0x1)

The exit code might be a system error code: STATUS_WAIT_1

The exit code might be a system error code: Unzulässige Funktion.

at StaxRip.Proc.Start() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\Proc.vb:line 262
    at StaxRip.NVIDIAEncoder.Encode() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Encoding\NVIDIAEncoder.v b:line 82
    at StaxRip.MainForm.Encode() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 2231
    at StaxRip.MainForm.RunJobRecursive() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 3460
    Quote Quote  
  2. The combination of StaxRip, Cuda, x264, Nvidia GT 610, driver 373.06 leads to below error message.

Error Encoding using NVEncC 2.07 x64

Encoding using NVEncC 2.07 x64 failed with exit code: 1 (0x1)

Let's ignore Staxrip for a second, x264 has nothing to do with the Nvidia driver, NVEncC or CUDA. so let's ignore x264 as well.

CUDA is a programming language/framework for writing general purpose apps that run on Nvidia gpu's, NVENC is a block of dedicated hardware for encoding (and processing) video. The GT 610 is a Kepler class gpu which supports the first generation of NVENC, NVencC is a specific program written for using NVENC.

So if you are trying to encode H264 via NVENC through Staxrip the word x264 should not enter the conversation and CUDA should not be mentioned unless you are also trying to use a CUDA accelerated filter.

What I'm getting at is that you have used the wrong combination of settings in trying to use Staxip to encode via NVENC.

Post a series of screenshots of the settings you are choosing so that we can tell you what is causing the crash.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by timeout View Post

Your card isn't compatible with NVEnc, which requires Kepler or newer. GT 610 is "Fermi" based

Nvidia used to use CUDA cores for encoding, with older cards. All newer cards use dedicated silicon , a separate part from shaders or "cuda cores" for encoding. The encoder is called NVEnc, which is what staxrip uses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_NVENC

If you look for some very old mediacoder builds, they had support for Nvidia's old cuda encoder
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If you look for some very old mediacoder builds, they had support for Nvidia's old cuda encoder
    The results will be of lower quality and encoding will be slower than x264 at the veryfast preset. So it's a waste of time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Your card isn't compatible with NVEnc, which requires Kepler or newer. GT 610 is "Fermi" based
    According to Wiki it is a Kepler:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_series
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    According to Wiki it is a Kepler:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_series

did you read the fine print / footnotes ?

3 The GeForce GT 610 card is a rebranded GeForce GT 520.

Nvidia does this horrible thing where it "rebrands" some cards from the previous generation, probably to get rid of inventory

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    The results will be of lower quality and encoding will be slower than x264 at the veryfast preset. So it's a waste of time.
    Yes, quality for sure, but cuda might be faster if he a slow CPU, maybe single or dual core.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Anyway, it's not the CUDA matrix, it's the NVENC video encoder chip area the NVEncC software would use – if present and in a supported generation.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Anonymous4353
    I once converted a video using DVDFab using CUDA as video encoder. I perfectly remember it because with software encoding it took ages (AMD FX 8320) whereas CUDA was damn quick and quality was acceptable. I now tried it once again with DVDFab and it says "CUDA H.264 encoder cannot be supported by your graphics card" which is nonsense because it worked in the past. Must be some driver thing.

What I did in StaxRip was
    - install StaxRip x64 1.3.7.0
    - load the input video
    - change codec to "NVIDIA H.264"
    - go to "Encoder options" and change decoder to "NVEncC (avcuvid cuda)"
    - I left all other options unchanged after the installation

From the word cuda I concluded it must be the same thing that I used to make the encoding quicker in DVDFab but now I am not sure if these are in fact two different things or not.

Screenshots are attached.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	scr1.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	39746  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sc3.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	39748  

Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  9. Like poisondeathray said: your GT610 is Fermi. Nvidia isn't supporting its encoding features in new drivers anymore - new drivers which the encoder in StaxRip now requires. Old drivers and old software might be different. http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=25674
    Quote Quote  
  10. Anonymous4353
    Thanks a lot for the advice. The old driver version that is recommended in the dvdfab forum made it work (337.88)
    Quote Quote