VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. *NEW VERSION 2 BRANCH AVAILABLE*

This program is a video/movie re-packager designed to work with modern day containers and codecs. BOX4 outputs to an MKV or MP4 file from various inputs and will copy or encode your selected audio and subtitles streams depending on your preference. Video is never encoded, only passed through. BOX4 is designed and programmed by ‘clone.AD’ (rebox.NET/video.NET/avi.NET/rip.NET/cladDVD et al) on Windows 7/10 (x64).

INPUT
    CONTAINER: MKV | MP4 | MOV | FLV | MXF
    VIDEO: AVC H.264 | HEVC H.265 | VC-1
    AUDIO: PCM_S24LE | PCM_S16LE | PCM_DVD | FLAC | VORBIS | DTS | DCA | EAC3 | AC3 | AAC | AAC_LATM | MP3 | MP2
    SUBTITLE: SRT | SUBRIP | SSA | ASS | MOV_TEXT | HDMV_PGS_SUBTITLE | DVD_SUBTITLE | DVB_SUBTITLE
    OUTPUT
    CONTAINER: MKV | MP4
    VIDEO: AVC H.264 | HEVC H.265 | VC-1 (ALL VIDEO PASSED-THROUGH)
    AUDIO: AAC | MP3 | COPY (DYNAMIC AUDIO NORMALIZER OPTION)
    SUBTITLE: BOTH TEXT AND BITMAP FORMATS (TEXT IN MP4 ARE APPLE COMPATIBLE)

BOX4 is x64 ONLY, it will not work on 32-BIT computers.
    BOX4 is a .NET application and requires .NET Framework v4.6.1 or greater.

DOWNLOAD (WINDOWS 7 OR ABOVE - X64 ONLY)

A huge thanks to this web site for allowing the ability to store files here, thank you.
    Last edited by video.baba; 21st Jan 2018 at 05:10. Reason: Update
    Quote Quote  
  2. MAIN PANEL

FOLDER: Loads multiple files (and adds jobs) to the queue – incompatible files will be skipped.
    FILE: Loads a single file and adds the job to the queue. You can “mix ‘n’ match” with the above.
    (You can also 'Drag and Drop' files onto BOX4)
    PROFILES: Simple two profile setup – sets the default audio output options for MKV|MP4.
    SETTINGS: Change settings – allows you to set the default track selection on load.
    START: Starts (and stops) the queue.

JOB PANEL

When each file has been loaded, checked, and parsed, it will be added to the job queue. You can enable or disable each job (enabled by default) by clicking the green/red bar at the left of the job panel.
    Both input (top) and output (bottom) paths/filenames are shown. You can click to select a different output folder/filename.
    You can select either of the profiles by clicking the MP4/MKV button. You can toggle ‘web optimized’ by right-clicking the button when the MP4 profile is selected (green dot will appear).
    Clicking the ‘TRACKS’ button will show you all the tracks/streams of the input file (see below).

TRACKS PANEL

You can enable or disable each track by clicking the track number – you’ll see the little green/red dot change. The video track is always selected and can’t be changed. On one of the audio and/or subtitle tracks you may see a light grey line to the left of the track number. This refers to the track having its default flag set on the input stream – it’s the default track.

You can select the audio codec, bitrate, and filter for each audio track as required. By default, they’ll be set to the rules of the chosen profile. You can obviously also change them on an individual basis within the tracks panel if required. ‘D.A.N’ refers to the ‘Dynamic Audio Normalizer’ (see below).
    DYNAMIC AUDIO NORMALIZER (D.A.N) created by: LoRd_MuldeR

The Dynamic Audio Normalizer is like a Dynamic Range Compressor AND Normalizer WITH intelligence ALL IN ONE. Basically it performs D.R.C and normalizes the audio in an intelligent way to give you what many people ask for: A ‘Night Mode’. An audio track that is far more consistent in terms of volume across the range resulting in you not having to keep changing the volume throughout. I use this filter on all the movies I do for my daughter, no more constant volume changing.

SETTINGS WINDOW
    The settings window, selected from the main program, allows you to select the default track selection (enabled/disabled) behaviour for both audio and subtitle streams. You can select none (no tracks selected), first (first track selected), or finally language which will select the first track based on the selected language match.

Track selection (audio and subtitle) options are independent from each other. If a language match is not found then the first audio track will be enabled or for subtitles, no subtitles will be enabled.

PROFILES WINDOW
    Profiles, or presets, are there to make your life easier. Set your preferred options for MKV and MP4 output and each time you use either profile these settings will automatically be selected when you load in each file. You can of course still manually change each track in the tracks panel if required but bear in mind, profile changing has priority over track settings. If you change your track settings for individual tracks within the tracks panel then click the profile selection button on the jobs panel, you’ll lose any individual track settings (codec/bitrate/D.A.N) but not the track enabled/disabled setting, this will stand.

PRIMARY/SECONDARY OPTIONS
    The primary/secondary options work in conjunction with the track selection preferences from within the ‘SETTINGS WINDOW’.

When you load in a file, all audio output settings for every audio track are set according to your SECONDARY settings. Then, your selection settings are checked, being one of ‘NONE, FIRST, LANGUAGE, or ALL’ and then these tracks are changed to use your PRIMARY audio track settings.

MISC
    INPUT|OUTPUT folders are independent and remembered between jobs and sessions.
    BITMAP subtitles will not be taken into MP4 files, even if selected (track number will be red).
    PCM audio will not be taken (copied) into MP4 files, even if selected (track number will be red).
    Last edited by video.baba; 19th Jan 2017 at 06:03. Reason: Update
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Looks cool. I will spread the word ... let's see if it works as expected.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks. Let me know how you get on.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I always recommend to use www.virustotal.com to test files. You file looks fine.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/7159e84b58b1b4a9a57d43d861f8fbab1e4f12be1f060ce7346...7e5c/analysis/

And I added a mirror download under our software page:
    Box4
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you release a new version update your first post and I will update the BOX4 page also.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yeh I've updated and been testing the last few days and will release soon. Thanks for the message and support.
    Quote Quote  
  8. BOX4 v0.2.0.2 (beta 2)
    + Added default audio and subtitle automatic selection mode options:
    ... Input audio|subtitle track (stream) can be auto-enabled depending on:
    ... No automatic selection (disabled), first track (stream), or matching ISO369 code.
    + MP4 audio codec fallback option in profile for when copy audio is not possible.
    + MPX (camera) input files supported.
    + H265 and VC1 input video supported.
    + PCM_S24LE input audio supported.
    + MP4 validity checks for both output audio and subtitles.
    + Input files containing no audio supported.
    - Transport stream (TS) support support removed (I'll look at that later).
    > Fixed some 'MOV_TEXT' subtitle handling and configuration.
    > Corrected the new file job settings not being refreshed depending on profile.
    > Tidied up the file job custom control allocations and structures.
    > Better memory management of jobs along with their associated controls and data.
    > Other elements not noted or forgotten (expect anomalies).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, thanks for your continuing work in video software, i used and recomended avi.net, are you planning to add video conversion?
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi Ricardo, long time since we spoke last, many years.
    If I did add video conversion then it would have to become a separate program I guess, just want to keep BOX4 simple.
    Actually I did also do something similar to BOX4 in terms of looks/style that had video conversion but never released it. Maybe I'll look at it again when I get BOX4 done and dusted.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Just registered to say thanks for the tool!
    Works great.
    I'd like to propose additional following features:
    1) drag&drop from desktop/Windows Explorer
    2) Subtitles: list normal and forced subs on different rows ; also (if possible) make additional subs selectable
    3) Any chance to have AC3 conversion added?
    In the meanwhile thanks again, terrific job!
    Last edited by zioneed; 5th Dec 2016 at 12:11.
    Quote Quote  
  12. @zioneed
    Thank you, glad it's working OK.
    In response to your questions:
    1. Yes, I can add this once I know everything is A-OK.
    2. This is a little more problematic....
    Listing normal or forced is not a problem but not all forced subtitles are marked as forced, they could simply be a seperate subtitle stream so unsure how much of a help this would be. I would need to know the best approach and have relevant samples to tests. When you say additional subtitles selectable do you mean more than one?
    3. Again, once I'm sure everything is A-OK then yes, no reason why other output audio codecs shouldn't be added, along with multiple streams.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the reply. I am really enjoing this little piece of software: it's quick, useful and the audio conversion feature is awesome!
    Back to subtitiles I (this is my all personal opinion, based on operating on these files almost on daily basis) would to suggest to approach the "problem" step by step. Meaning that first off implement the feature of chosing different subtiles. Say ITA, ENG and GER for example, all of them, only one or two and so on.
    Once done with that next step would be to understand how forced subitles are flagged within the structure of the sub file itself.
    Logic would suggest that if I had ITA and ITA Forced subs (for example) the immediate difference is given by file size. Meaning that forced sub file is always smaller than normal subs file. Along with adding different subs streams I would add the feature to flag the default one.
    Makes any sense?
    As for audio transcoding options I confirm it's working like a charm. Agin, my personal opionion is that the options panel (profile in this case) should be added to main interface. Also because if later on I would be able to select different audio streams I would need to select audio transcoding options for each one.
    Dont mean to sound ****y but the software so far is great and something new and handy!
    Quote Quote  
  14. BOX4 v0.3.0.0 (beta 3)
    + Encode panel now displays job ETA (roughly).
    > I had accidentally left in some incorrect parameters in the D.A.N options (beta 2) - now fixed.
    > Changed some trivial GUI stuff.
    > Other minimal code changes and clean-ups.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    BOX4 v0.3.0.0 (beta 3)
    + Encode panel now displays job ETA (roughly).
    > I had accidentally left in some incorrect parameters in the D.A.N options (beta 2) - now fixed.
    > Changed some trivial GUI stuff.
    > Other minimal code changes and clean-ups.
    The link still leads to 0.2.0.2 Beta from (December 4, 2016).
    Quote Quote  
  16. It's just a cache issue. You've caught the update too soon
    Refresh the page or clear your browser cache. It definitely links to beta 3.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's just a cache issue. You've caught the update too soon
    Refresh the page or clear your browser cache. It definitely links to beta 3.
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/BOX4 is now also updated!
    Quote Quote  
  18. BOX4 v0.4.0.0 (beta 4)
    > Job listings and track listings windows seperated to allow independent lists.
    >>> this is to prevent:
    >>> 1. the job list reseting to the top after viewing track options.
    >>> 2. to give independent control over the smooth transition of the track display.
    > The above, to the user, is somewhat trivial but internally is a major change (expect anomalies).
    + Started to make changes that will aid multiple audio and subtitle selections if added in the future.
    + Started to make additions to the code to allow folder inputs in the future.
    Quote Quote  
  19. BOX4 v0.5.0.0 (beta 5)
    Multiple audio tracks can now be selected.
    Multiple subtitle tracks can now be selected.
    Added a colour change to track numbers if incompatible with selected settings (eg: bitmap subtitles into MP4 output).
    Fixed possible incorrect default scenarios for profiles/settings which could be raised after jobs were added.
    Changed and added different options in the profiles window.
    Removed the MP4 fallback option in favour of a primary/secondary audio setting for both MKV and MP4 output.
    Sorted out the tab order.
    Changed the error dialog box if you're ever unlucky enough to see it.
    Added more error detection routines to different sections of the workers.
    Prevent further operations, and thus a 'viscious circle' of errors, if error detected in workers.
    Major internal changes, expect the worst.....
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    BOX4 v0.5.0.0 (beta 5)
    Multiple audio tracks can now be selected.
    Multiple subtitle tracks can now be selected.
    Added a colour change to track numbers if incompatible with selected settings (eg: bitmap subtitles into MP4 output).
    Fixed possible incorrect default scenarios for profiles/settings which could be raised after jobs were added.
    Changed and added different options in the profiles window.
    Removed the MP4 fallback option in favour of a primary/secondary audio setting for both MKV and MP4 output.
    Sorted out the tab order.
    Changed the error dialog box if you're ever unlucky enough to see it.
    Added more error detection routines to different sections of the workers.
    Prevent further operations, and thus a 'viscious circle' of errors, if error detected in workers.
    Major internal changes, expect the worst.....
    Thanks! this is becoming better and better.
    One thing I have noticed: please check subtitles bit: if sourcce mkv has forced subs in the output mp4 subs are not forced. No big deal, just something out of daily usage!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Good point, I'll look into it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. OK I've had a go, without success. After reading around a little it seems the 'default' and 'forced' flags do not exist in MP4, which is why they don't appear as the original stream settings, whereas for MKV output they do.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks, didn't know it.
    Still testing and everything is working ok so far.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi video-baba,

Thanks for this amazing tool, its really awesome, best i have seen in a long while, keep up the good work and please add somewhere i can donate.

2 small "feature requests"

1. convert to AC3
    2. web optimization

This tool is the best.

Kind Regards,
    lthasenhod
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lthasenhod View Post
    ...web optimization,,,
    http://www.datagoround.com/lab/
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Thank you for the kind words, I’m glad you like it. I would add a ‘donate’ button for when it’s out of beta but not really sure how to go about it in terms of paypal/bitcoin etc….

The next beta will have a ‘web optimization’ option as sorts, I need to update the little guide at the start of this thread to explain how it’s implemented. It’s just a ‘quick fix’ for now but if it is an important option for users I’ll probably have to add another profile option (1 x MKV and 2 x MP4) to make usage easier.
    Quote Quote  
  27. BOX4 v0.6.0.0 (beta 6)
    Enabled the folder mode option - You now have the ability to load multiple files.
    Simplified and enhanced the input file processes, resources and parsing.
    Coded a 'get out clause' for problem input files.
    Simplified and enhanced the output file processes and resources.
    Changed the start and stop process events.
    Right-clicking the MP4 profile button (JOB PANEL) now sets it for 'web-optimised'.
    A few little GUI changes and updates.
    Added job numbers to jobs in the queue.
    Added a marker to the track (GUI) to visually show the default input streams.
    Added notification text to an input subtitle stream marked as forced.
    Quote Quote  
  28. BOX4 v0.7.0.0 (beta 7)
    Added 'Drag and Drop' to the main interface - you can drop files directly onto BOX4.
    Modulated the input routines.
    Made the input collection more robust and linked continuity between input folder,file,D&D.
    Profile behaviour has been changed:
    The default profile for all input files is now set within the PROFILES window.
    Individual JOB profiles can still be individually changed as required.
    Cleared up a few hidden controls left behind from earlier development and testing.

Please Note:
    The programming environment was updated (Visual Studio 2015 update 3).
    Minimum .NET Framework (v4.6.1).
    Quote Quote  
  29. BOX4 v1.0.0.0
    Final 'non-beta' release.
    Changed a bit of code around and done the final bit of housekeeping.
    No major changes from beta 7 except for a few code clean-ups, rearranging, and further tests.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Want to add support for other video formats and codecs? I have some videos in avi and rmvb with several codec xvid, divx and others that are not supported. Thanks.
    Quote Quote