VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for a device that can capture Dolby Digital 5.1 via SPIDIF or HDMI. What are my best options?
    Last edited by Wam7; 21st Nov 2016 at 18:50.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Wam7 View Post
    I'm looking for a device that can capture 5.1 via SPIDIF or HDMI. What are my best options?
    You need to clarify the kind of 5.1 audio input that you want the device to capture. LPCM, Dolby Digital, something else?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, it would be Dolby Digital.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't heard of a sound card that can capture 5.1 channel Dolby Digital/AC-3 from an 5.1 channel Dolby Digital/AC-3 source. Maybe someone else has.

The only devices I have heard of that are able to capture 5.1 AC3 audio input via SPDIF are some of the video capture devices in Hauppauge's HD-PVR and HD-PVR 2 product lines. Note that they can't capture AC3 audio unless they receive AC3 audio as input. I suspect they can't capture just audio by itself, but it may be possible to connect a video source to the analog inputs then capture. Audio can always be demultiplexed to create its own file. Perhaps someone that has one of these devices already set up and a suitable audio source can confirm this works.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  5. Skydigital Supercast X6, skydigital Supercast U6t, skydigital U3 HD Capture , Hauppauge Collossus 1/2... all of them record AC3
    Quote Quote