VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Its time again when I need a new printer. I've never enjoyed printer shopping.

I've been using an old Epson PhotoStylus R220 to print to DVDs, but it sat for too long and its hopelessly gummed up now. My Kodak AIO prints OK, but scanner does not work with Win10 and I wonder how much longer I'll be able to get ink for it. I'm looking now to get 1 printer. Basically, the 3 main features I'm looking for are: 1)Scans, 2)auto-2 side printing and 3) direct print to CD/DVD.

The Epson Expression line and Canon PIXMA line appear like the only real choices. I'm looking at Canon PIXMA MX922 vs Epson Expression XP-830.

Wonder if anyone has been using these and/or if they have any comments.

Thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My last couple of printers have been Canon and I've been very pleased with quality and performance.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    IMO, (having worked with them all in-depth) unless it is absolutely necessary for the job (e.g. on-disc printing), it is never worth it for ROI, TCO, or quality to get an inkjet when there are fine quality & economic LaserJet or Color LaserJet printers available.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. I bought an Officejet Pro 8100 for CDN$100 (summer sale at Staples) which seems quite satisfactory; it replaces an eight-year-old inkjet that jet no more. It duplexes but doesn't print on DVDs. It's too soon to figure the per-page cost. For dirt-cheap volume printing I use a Brother duplex mono laser that prints for about a cent a page using refilled toner.
    Quote Quote