VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there.. I ma having some real strange problems with tsMuxer.

Basically I record X Amount of video on my camera and it is saved in a series of .ts files. What I used to do is use tsMuxer to join those files, import into Adobe Premier and then edit away.. all good. After a while we recorded some more footage, but I am needed to reinstall tsMuxer.. but this time it is a new version. Now it joins fine but the resulting file in premier is really unresponsive. Like you press play and the audio plays but you have to wait ages, and in AGES for the video to update in the viewer. This used to be a near instant process last time I tried this workflow.

I have a number of these ts files and need to edit them, but I can not get them to work.. and I was wondering if it has anything to do with these new settings...

These options were not in it last time I used it.....

What exactly do they do and dose anyone know if I should have them ON or OFF or what settings I need to set? In this screenshot I have turned everything "on" as a test...

Thanks for any help! Got a lot of editing to do for work and total have no idea how to fix this!! hehe
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why are you using tsmuxer at all? If your camera is shooting spanned clips, Premiere normally should be able to identify and join them automatically, on import. This assumes you are properly loading the entire folder structure and not just individual clips. The "broken" nature of spanned clips is what allows them to play more responsively.

What camera are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Really? let me google that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's worked for me on Sony, JVC and Canon camcorders. Can't recall if the GoPros worked as well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. yeah.. that dose work.. I think you need to import though the "media browser" built into the application... thanks man! This is a workaround and cuts out a processing stage.. cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can simply drag and drop the folder containing the media right into the project window. (It's not a "workaround," it's the way it's designed. Best of luck.)
    Quote Quote